Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,692   Posts: 1,482,411   Online: 692

Page 21 of 95 FirstFirst ... 11151617181920212223242526273171 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Síle View Post
    Shoot whatever you want.. and two shots each.. 36 shots in the Portra - 16 people in each group = two shots each.

Apparently the post office close on a Saturday so my package is due to set sail Monday all the way to Japan.. Watch out Moose there's a camera on the loose
    Can't wait! Hopefully the daily deluge of monsoon-like rain we've been having will let up by the time I get it. I think a few more chickens (or sushi, over here) will have to be sacrificed to make sure that happens! (but don't worry, I promise to have the camera back out there within the week, regardless of the weather)
    Rachelle

My favorite thing is to go where I've never been. D. Arbus

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Looking forward to this!
    -----------------------

Segedi.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ok everyone this is it... the complete and utter final list. There are 16 participants in each camera group. Hpulley unfortunately I couldn't include you this time, but hopefully there will be more rounds and you'll be top of our list.

There have been changes.. The cameras will start and end in the same place and logistics have moved addresses with it.

Camera 1 - Nikon L35AF loaded with Portra

1 ShawnRahman New York USA
    2 MA Longmore (Ron) New York USA
    3 rcam72 New York USA
    4 Newt_On_Strings NYC
    5 Rick A Pennsylvania USA
    6 Jnanian Rhode Island USA
    7 MatthewRusbarskyMaryland USA
    8 MattKing BC Canada
    9 Segedi Alberta Canada
    10 MartinB Alberta Canada
    11 Thebanana Manitoba Canada
    12 Wallbergb Manitoba Canada
    13 Axle Ontario Canada
    14 Flatulent1 Washington USA
    15 JohnNikon Washington USA
    16 Lmn Washington USA
    Home- ShawnRahman New York USA
    Sile and Shawn:

Thanks for all your work. I was just wondering if you intended to have this camera travel as much as the Canucks hockey team in the regular NHL season

Between MatthewRusbarsky and I there is about 3000 miles. Between Axle and Flatulent1 there is about 3000 miles. And between lmn and Shawn there is a further 3000 miles. Whereas Matthew Rusbarsky and Axle are fairly close, and Flatulent and I are nearly neighbours.

In other words, if you reversed the order for us Canadians, you would cut nearly 6000 miles from the route.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sile and Shawn:

Thanks for all your work. I was just wondering if you intended to have this camera travel as much as the Canucks hockey team in the regular NHL season

Between MatthewRusbarsky and I there is about 3000 miles. Between Axle and Flatulent1 there is about 3000 miles. And between lmn and Shawn there is a further 3000 miles. Whereas Matthew Rusbarsky and Axle are fairly close, and Flatulent and I are nearly neighbours.

In other words, if you reversed the order for us Canadians, you would cut nearly 6000 miles from the route.

Um...Have you seen Camera 2? We've got to cover 4 continents, including a major backtrack from Australia to Europe to the US and back to Europe, and you're wondering about only 6000 miles? Although similarly for us, it would make for sense for the camera to go to California after Australia, then eastwards across the US, and then finally make the trip to Europe... (just a thought).

Camera 2 - Sureshot loaded with Portra

1 Síle Ireland Europe
    2 Mooseontheloose Japan
    3 polyglot Australia
    4 Kraker Netherlands Europe
    5 pcyco Austria Europe
    6 Black Dog Derbyshire UK
    7 SteveSmith Isle of Wight UK
    8 Semeuse Florida USA
    9 cdholden Tennessee USA
    10 FilmSprocket Michigan USA
    11 J Rollinger Illinois USA
    12 Toro_mike Colorado USA
    13 KJupiter California USA
    14 Guissimo California USA
    15 Akaa California USA
    16 Simplicius Ireland Europe
    Home Síle Ireland Europe
    Rachelle

My favorite thing is to go where I've never been. D. Arbus

Shooter
    Multi Format
    We know, camera 1 isn't exactly "Around the World", more like "Around North America". Kinda takes the romance outta the whole thing...
    Fred Latchaw
    Seattle WA

Seahawks won Superbowl XLVIII.
    Next year's Superbowl is XLIX. Easier to pronounce than XLVIII. Sounds like XLAX.
    I hope that doesn't mean we won't be able to stop the run...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by MattKing View Post

Any illusion that the traveling camera is about efficiency was effectively dispelled 1/2 way through the "Camera 1" thread.

Quote Originally Posted by flatulent1 View Post
    We know, camera 1 isn't exactly "Around the World", more like "Around North America". Kinda takes the romance outta the whole thing...
    I vote for more transoceanic inter-hemispheric zigzagging next time. On one version of the list the camera went from PA, to me in MD, to Florida (snooze). Even though times are tight and some of us are broke, the new version of the list has me passing the camera to BC. If find this much more satisfying. My two exposed frames may be doing the only traveling I can afford this year. I want them to go as far as possible, even if I have to turn the couch upside down for international shipping.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I wasn't expecting efficiency

Just wondered whether the impersonation of the travelling garden gnome was intentional!

Oh and I thought it would be helpful if I could again personally ensure the camera's safe export from "The True North Strong And Free" to "The Land of the Free and Home of the Brave" (I live 10 minutes from a quiet, backwater border crossing).

I am, however, in your hands.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm not so sure sending the camera 100 miles would be any more efficient than 3000. I know the way my local system works and would expect the camera coming from the Isle of Wight will get to me faster than something sent the same day from Miami. I believe that's what all the poultry are for

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by semeuse View Post
    and would expect the camera coming from the Isle of Wight will get to me faster than something sent the same day from Miami.
    Be careful what you write. The last time a camera was sent from the Isle of Wight, it ended up in the Bermuda Triangle.

Steve.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by semeuse View Post
    I'm not so sure sending the camera 100 miles would be any more efficient than 3000. I know the way my local system works and would expect the camera coming from the Isle of Wight will get to me faster than something sent the same day from Miami. I believe that's what all the poultry are for
    I kinda agree with this as it pertains to intra-U.S. packages. I've sent stuff from NY to California in the same time it takes to get from NY to NJ.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin