Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,688   Posts: 1,548,764   Online: 1255

Page 22 of 95 FirstFirst ... 12161718192021222324252627283272 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Smith View Post
    Be careful what you write. The last time a camera was sent from the Isle of Wight, it ended up in the Bermuda Triangle.

Steve.
    The North American camera never even left the country to get lost. Colorado to Tennessee, and it went MIA (Missing In Action, not Miami International Airport).
    I wonder if Jim Morrison and Elvis are out sailing and shooting photos of seagulls with both Cameras #6.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by cdholden View Post
    I wonder if Jim Morrison and Elvis are out sailing and shooting photos of seagulls with both Cameras #6.
    Do you mean Camera 7? Camera 6 made it home. Just curious - are the lost cameras confirmed lost in transit, or did the intended recipient(s) fall off the earth?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I delivered mine by camera catapult but the recipient, Black Dog, didn't catch it. Unfortunately, the same combination of me and him are teamed up again, this time with him sending the camera to me. I suggest a hot air balloon with a clockwork timed release mechanism when the wind is in the right direction.

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Rahman View Post
    Do you mean Camera 7? Camera 6 made it home. Just curious - are the lost cameras confirmed lost in transit, or did the intended recipient(s) fall off the earth?
    It was indeed both camera 7's that disappeared. cdholden, to whom I sent the North America camera 7, is still around, so presumably that recipient did not fall off the earth

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Consider I was in institution for 2 years and I really enjoy it count me in..Will we get cable?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Smith View Post
    Be careful what you write. The last time a camera was sent from the Isle of Wight, it ended up in the Bermuda Triangle.
    Steve.
    If these can get here...

of course that was around 1887 or so
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails rydeqv.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by toro_mike View Post
    It was indeed both camera 7's that disappeared. cdholden, to whom I sent the North America camera 7, is still around, so presumably that recipient did not fall off the earth
    Yes, I stand corrected. Those were cameras #7, not #6. Either way, Elvis and Jim are hamming it up, having a good ol' time and laughing at our expense. Sailing the Bermuda Triangle doesn't sound like a bad gig, but it doesn't pay the bills.

If I fell off the earth, no one informed me, so here I am for another round... still hopelessly looking in the PO box for a lost camera on the freak chance that it should get redirected here.
    I'm sending #8 to Film Sprocket, which I think I did back on #6. We know that route is a good one. Mail traveled in that direction once. We can do it again.

Chris

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    and since I recently sent a camera to Tennessee - received in fine condition - we should be in pretty good shape

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Damn! Another camera I didn't receive!
    FWIW, I moved here from just south of the Treasure Coast (Port St Lucie) almost 6 years ago. I was there at Thanksgiving and drove back here. I can confirm that the road from FL to TN works just fine.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by cdholden View Post
    I can confirm that the road from FL to TN works just fine.
    Could have fooled me! No roads lead to Tennessee!
    Last edited by toro_mike; 06-13-2011 at 08:29 PM. Click to view previous post history.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin