Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,058   Posts: 1,561,571   Online: 693

Page 23 of 95 FirstFirst ... 13171819202122232425262728293373 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I totally agree that wasting mileage isn't a good plan however the cameras of round 7 were indeed lost on the shortest of journeys.. That said it is silly to send them miles out of their way for no reason. The last minute change was because of Shawns new camera addition and to facilitate him.

If someone fancies re-planning the route I'm more than open to suggestion.. Right now I'm typing this as I sit on a sun lounger beside a pool on my two week holiday.. That's why I needed to mail the camera ASAP otherwise we'd be waiting weeks again! But re-planning the list on an iPhone keypad ain't happening no matter how proud of you all I am!!

The beauty of this round is there is no physical list with the cameras - so change is easier...

Now you'll all excuse me while I cool myself down with a bottle of Portugal's finest vinho verde ..
    Síle

If you saw a man drowning and you could either save him or photograph the event...what kind of film would you use?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Also - the added benefit of having two cameras is the amount of trashtalking we can do!

It seems to me that the list for the Camera 1 (the Nikon) has much better photographers on it than the list for Camera 2 (the Canon). How did this happen?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Rahman View Post
    It seems to me that the list for the Camera 1 (the Nikon) has much better photographers on it than the list for Camera 2 (the Canon).
    Look again. I think you got it the wrong way round!

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Camera #1 officially launched ! First shots taken this morning, and then mailed @ 1:25PM on June 14th.

On it's way to Mr. Longmore on that wonderful island east of here!

Back home before Christmas?? Dare we dream such things?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks Mr. Rahman !

How's the weather on the western end of this Long Wonderful Island ?
    I was thinking about photographing the bridges of Queens
    { Robert F. Kennedy, Throgs Neck, and The Whitestone }
    But would probably get arrested, and ruin it for our team.

Ron

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    A posting to all those on Camera 1's list. This means:

Camera 1 - Nikon L35AF loaded with Portra

1 ShawnRahman New York USA (MAILED TO MR. LONGMORE on 14-Jun-11)
    2 MA Longmore (Ron) New York USA
    3 rcam72 New York USA
    4 Newt_On_Strings NYC
    5 Rick A Pennsylvania USA
    6 Jnanian Rhode Island USA
    7 MatthewRusbarskyMaryland USA
    8 MattKing BC Canada
    9 Segedi Alberta Canada
    10 MartinB Alberta Canada
    11 Thebanana Manitoba Canada
    12 Wallbergb Manitoba Canada
    13 Axle Ontario Canada
    14 Flatulent1 Washington USA
    15 JohnNikon Washington USA
    16 Lmn Washington USA
    Home- ShawnRahman New York USA

To keep packaging & postage costs manageable, I did not include the camera’s operating manual. If you think you might want to review the manual for this camera, please send me a PM. I purchased an electronic copy of the manual for us to use for reference if needed.

The camera is not complicated, but it is quirky:

1) Please make sure to turn the camera OFF after taking your shot. The batteries will drain if you forget to do this.
    2) If you want to use fill-flash outdoors: The flash cannot be raised manually, but it can be tricked into opening up if you place your hand in front of the lens and depress the shutter halfway. Otherwise, the flash should automatically pop-up if the camera deems flash necessary.
    3) Unless you want to experiment with your own filter, please do not remove the protective UV filter. It is protecting the ASA dial, and we don’t want this changed.
    4) The battery cover does not seem to be really sturdy. Please take care in opening it and loading the batteries if you need to change them. The camera takes two AA batteries.
    5) There is a backlight compensation lever on the right side of the lens (when the lens is facing you) for overly backlit subjects. I have never tried this, so I don't know how effective it is. Again, if you want to see the manual, let me know.
    6) The lever on the top left front is the self-timer. It should be working, but I haven’t used it.
    7) As Sile previously instructed, please DO NOT mail/forward the camera until you have confirmed that the next person on the list is still willing & able AND they send you their current address.
    8) Please let all of us know on APUG when you receive the camera, and when it is mailed out to the next person!

I promise Hi Res scans for everyone if we get this thing home!!
    Last edited by Shawn Rahman; 06-14-2011 at 01:44 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by M.A.Longmore View Post
    I was thinking about photographing the bridges of Queens
    { Robert F. Kennedy, Throgs Neck, and The Whitestone }
    But would probably get arrested, and ruin it for our team.

Ron
    Funny you should mention that. I regularly go for runs under the Throgs Neck Bridge near Fort Totten. Right under the bridge, there's a big sign prohibiting photography of any kind. I've thought about taking a self-portrait in front of the sign with my middle finger up pointing, like a big FUCK YOU to the DOHS.

But I always chicken out in the end.
    Last edited by Shawn Rahman; 06-14-2011 at 02:18 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Rahman View Post
    But I always chicken out in the end.
    With all the talk of sacrificial poultry I'd be careful about refering to myself as a chicken, unless you'd like to end up on Sile's grill.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by cdholden View Post
    Damn! Another camera I didn't receive!
    FWIW, I moved here from just south of the Treasure Coast (Port St Lucie) almost 6 years ago. I was there at Thanksgiving and drove back here. I can confirm that the road from FL to TN works just fine.
    That one was an old Ricoh 500 - went to Memphis. I'm just south of PSL - in Jensen Beach. Glad to know the road north works - with hurricane season there's not much other choice

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Looks like those rabid postal workers in Canada are indeed on strike! Hopefully all will be well by the time our Canadian friends are set to shoot, but this may get interesting!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin