Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,587   Posts: 1,545,837   Online: 1146

Page 35 of 95 FirstFirst ... 25293031323334353637383940414585 ... LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by polyglot View Post
    Eh, I'll get over it. I'm surprised it's the highest postage ever though but perhaps not too surprising considering we pay $17/roll for film here. Well, we don't but that's what the shop would charge if you hypothetically were stupid enough to buy here; sadly it's not possible to import postage
    No... but tell me what your favorite film is and we will see what we can do. We don't have those export charges and the import will be very small.

tim in san jose
    Where ever you are, there you be.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Thanks for the offer Tim; I only two days ago placed a 55-roll order with B&H.

However if you have a way of surface-shipping bulk colour chemistry, I would be very very interested.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by polyglot View Post
    Thanks for the offer Tim; I only two days ago placed a 55-roll order with B&H.

However if you have a way of surface-shipping bulk colour chemistry, I would be very very interested.
    USPS Priority Mail is via air. They do offer a "surface mail" option, though it would take a few weeks for arrival to your doorstep. For that, a west coast vendor (Freestyle, Glazers, etc) would be cheaper on postage and arrive faster than an east coast vendor (B&H, Adorama, etc). Does "color" chemistry have temperature requirements? The heat in that long haul across the pond in July/August would be something to consider.
    It would be worth your time to send a few emails to your supplier(s) to ask if they offer this.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    John just got in touch for the address confirm, so I should have 8.1 in a few days, then off to Axle. So, what's the best way to get a camera over the Canadian border? I've heard UPS is a nightmare, so USPS? Does delivery confirmation increase reliability?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Rusbarsky View Post
    I've heard UPS is a nightmare, so USPS? Does delivery confirmation increase reliability?
    Yes. They need to provide you with details of delivery, so it seems they take better care of these... at least in my experience.
    Depending on how close you live to the border, a catapult might be fun. Try it with a chicken instead. The cameras need to complete their journeys.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Don't forget to fill out a customs form when you get to the PO, the small one is all you need.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Matthew: I am willing to chip in with postage to ensure safe delivery to Canada.

After hearing of the extra postage polyglot had to pay to get Camera 8.2 to the U.S., I want to do whatever I can to help out the other way for Camera 8.1. If it costs a little more to make sure the camera doesn't get lost as we send it to Canada, let me know what the difference is for the upgrade, and I will PayPal it to you.

Same holds for the last person holding Camera 8.2 in the U.S. before sending it on to Europe again in a few weeks. Please don't be shy about PM'ing me.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks for the offer Shawn, but I don't think it's necessary. I was playing with the shipping calculator on the USPS site and there are cheaper options if you just drill down a bit. For example, the priority international "video" box is less than $12 to Ontario. Cheap enough that a few extra $ for registered is not going to kill me. Also, I was the one who complained that the Nikon was not international enough.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Registration is going to be about $11.50 - and first class postage to Canada is something like $6 for a 1 pound package (you can't use the priority boxes for that though). I'll be the one sending 8.2 off to Austria - no problems

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Rusbarsky View Post
    John just got in touch for the address confirm, so I should have 8.1 in a few days, then off to Axle. So, what's the best way to get a camera over the Canadian border? I've heard UPS is a nightmare, so USPS? Does delivery confirmation increase reliability?

it just went on its way

- john
    silver magnets, trickle tanks sold
    artwork often times sold for charity
    PM me for details

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin