Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,842   Posts: 1,582,633   Online: 1034

Page 4 of 95 FirstFirst 123456789101454 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Síle View Post
    forget the C3.. it's hard enough with a sureshot!
    I was going to suggest a Polaroid 20" x 24" camera.

Steve.
    Last edited by Steve Smith; 04-19-2011 at 10:14 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    if there is room in the bunkhouse count me in too,
    but i can't sacrifice any barnyard animals this time ...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sile - to hedge our bets that the camera will make it, can we put out a call for a slightly better camera? I know technical perfection is not what we're striving for, but if it is the same SureShot we used for Round 6, I'd say it may not survive another trip around the world (and I'd prefer a slightly better lens, especially for color film).

I don't have anything cheap and good to offer, but I'd be willing to try to land a Nikon L35AF on ebay for this go around. Nice robust camera with a great lens.

I would offer my Olympus Stylus Epic, but it is slightly quirky with its metering.
    Last edited by Shawn Rahman; 04-19-2011 at 01:26 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ok... we have a FINAL list...

1. Síle
    2. Ron
    3. Steve
    4. Franswa
    5. Mr Banana
    6. Guissimo
    7. Rick A
    8. Matt
    9. Shawn
    10. Moose
    11. Matthew
    12. rcam
    13. polyglot
    14. John Nikon
    15. Lisa
    16. Semeuse
    17. Toro_Mike
    18. Tim in San Aachen Jose
    19. J Rollinger
    20. akaa
    21. segedi
    22. polyglot (we may just take you up on that offer... keep an eye on the thread!)
    23. Axle
    24. Kraker
    25. Jnanian

That's our limit... we stop at 25.. so anyone after this line I am so sorry.. you missed the chance to be a part of this wonderfully exciting round..

Shawn I genuinely do not mind what camera goes around.. if you are willing and able to chase up an L35AF and everyone is happy to go with that then I'm more than happy to go with that.. If Polyglot is happy to provide the film then perhaps we can work something out?

I have Semeuse address for this round.. so if everyone could PM me their addresses over the next week, I can work out the best travelling arrangements for the camera. BUT... no one is allowed to move house or even go on vacation for longer than a predetermined period until we get this camera home...

For those of you new to the travelling camera concept.. from here on in it will take a month or two to get the final list and get our journey started..

Certify us all... we're doing it again....
    Síle

If you saw a man drowning and you could either save him or photograph the event...what kind of film would you use?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Yep, quite happy to provide a roll or two. I have four of them sitting here, looking quite forlorn and they expire in only 11 months...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sile - OK. Will try to get my hands on an L35AF within the next two weeks, and if not, we'll go with the SureShot. Looking forward to it!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Síle:

Am I one of either "8. Matt" or "11. Matthew"?

And I would strongly suggest that we make it an absolute rule that no participant forwards the camera to the next person without first confirming, by pm or email, what the current address is for that next participant.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Popular APUG activity! List filled up quickly. If anyone drops out, I'd be thrilled to join (first timer). Perhaps The Banana & I can take candids of each other:-)
    Bob Walberg

The fix is in!

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Síle View Post
    if everyone could PM me their addresses over the next week, I can work out the best travelling arrangements for the camera.
    PM sent.

The Netherlands, close to the Belgian border
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Woohoo, I managed to join just in time. I've often read about previous rounds, never managed to get in on time. Looking forward to this!

Quote Originally Posted by MattKing View Post
    And I would strongly suggest that we make it an absolute rule that no participant forwards the camera to the next person without first confirming, by pm or email, what the current address is for that next participant.
    That's a good rule, I second that.

PM sent, by the way.

shuttr.net
    -- A sinister little midget with a bucket and a mop / Where the blood goes down the drain --

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin