Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,300   Posts: 1,535,893   Online: 979

Page 42 of 95 FirstFirst ... 32363738394041424344454647485292 ... LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You are on the hook for that attempt at a joke.

tim in Aachen (on his way to Paris) Germany
    Where ever you are, there you be.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You are on the hook for that attempt at a joke.

tim in Aachen (on his way to Paris) Germany
    Where ever you are, there you be.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by k_jupiter View Post
    You are on the hook
    The phrase off the hook is common for someone getting away with something or but this is the first time I have seen on the hook used, despite the logic behind it.

There are several words which are used in one sense but not the reverse. e.g. dismantle is commonly used for taking something apart but I haven't seen anyone mantle something back together.

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Rahman View Post
    8.2 is still alive!

Matthew: Give us the latest on 8.1!
    Sorry guys, it's been a crazy few weeks. My shots are done, just need to get to the Post Office. I REALLY need to ship before the weekend.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Smith View Post
    The phrase off the hook is common for someone getting away with something or but this is the first time I have seen on the hook used, despite the logic behind it.

There are several words which are used in one sense but not the reverse. e.g. dismantle is commonly used for taking something apart but I haven't seen anyone mantle something back together.

Steve.
    On the hook is fairly common here. Some of us are always in trouble.
    Fred Latchaw
    Seattle WA

I am beginning to resent being referred to as 'half-fast'.
    Whatever that's supposed to mean.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by flatulent1 View Post
    We use the phrase in the doghouse (well, some of us do).

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Camera 8.1 is on its way to Akaa in Rocklin, California. It should be there tomorrow. I pm'd the tracking number to Akaa and Síle.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by flatulent1 View Post
    "On the hook" is common here too. It's usually in reference to a specific financial obligation.
    i.e. "She was on the hook for auto body repair after backing up into her neighbor's car."
    I am familiar with hearing it, not being an example of it. I have been the neighbor once.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Let's keep it going folks!

I sent a PM to Matthew to get the lowdown on Camera 8.1 (Nikon). We need to get this camera over the border to Canada, Matthew, so if you are listening, please let us know ASAP!

On 8.2 (Canon) - we are waiting for confirmation that it has gotten to Akaa safely.

Hope everyone is doing well & out there shooting! My summer output thus far is 32 rolls (various) of 120 and 35. Almost reached my goal of 40 rolls! Developing, editing, and printing will be my respite from law school come autumn, when I don't get the chance to shoot much.

Still hope to have the travelling cameras home by year's end - something to look forward to through the grind of school.
    Last edited by Shawn Rahman; 08-10-2011 at 07:59 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Rahman View Post
    Let's keep it going folks!

On 8.2 (Canon) - we are waiting for confirmation that it has gotten to Akaa safely.
    I got a PM from Aris (Akaa) on 8/8 asking for my address, so I would say it is safely in their hands. I replied same day, so hopefully it will be on its way to me soon!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin