Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,972   Posts: 1,558,696   Online: 820

Page 46 of 95 FirstFirst ... 364041424344454647484950515256 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Come on now people... where's that positive thinking that we need to keep this project going!! Let's not lose hope just yet.. I mean.. ok so we lost hope AND two camera's in the last round but why would that make us feel any different this time??

Oh dear Lord... we're screwed aren't we?
    Síle

If you saw a man drowning and you could either save him or photograph the event...what kind of film would you use?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    There is hope. Mail delivery between Canada and USA(and vice versa) takes weeks (boxes sit in customes),I think they cast lots to see who gets to steal(or smash) what from the boxes. Eventually the mail gets through, after they are finished smoking whatever they find in the boxes, faster if nothing is found ( thats when they smash the box).
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    8.2 update: Didn't get the shots I wanted over the weekend so camera 8.2 will have a slightly extended stay in Pinckney, MI. I'll still ship it within the 1-week time frame allotted (was rec'd last Friday), though. Night shots in Ann Arbor is the goal.

-Marc
    Last edited by Marc Akemann; 09-07-2011 at 10:47 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Too many smiley faces.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by FilmSprocket View Post
    8.2 update: Didn't get the shots I wanted over the weekend so camera 8.2 will have a slightly extended stay in Pinckney, MI. I'll still ship it within the 1-week time frame allotted (was rec'd last Friday), though. Night shots in Ann Arbor is the goal.

-Marc
    No rush.
    Remember that's it's quality, not quantity. Besides, I'm still trying to think of where I'm taking it.

Camera 8.2 (Canon) Status (copied from an earlier page in this thread):

1 Síle Ireland Europe
    2 mooseontheloose Japan
    3 polyglot Australia
    4 KJupiter California USA
    5 Guissimo California USA
    6 Akaa California USA
    7 Toro_mike Colorado USA
    8 FilmSprocket Michigan USA <--- collecting dust at this guy's house!
    9 J Rollinger Illinois USA
    10 cdholden Tennessee USA
    11 Semeuse Florida USA
    12 pcyco Austria Europe
    13 Kraker Netherlands Europe
    14 SteveSmith Isle of Wight UK
    15 Black Dog Derbyshire UK
    16 Simplicius Ireland Europe
    Home - Síle Ireland Europe
    Last edited by cdholden; 09-07-2011 at 11:56 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: status update

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks, CD! I really want to hold out hope for a couple more weeks on 8.1 if possible. Here is the latest list for this camera from post #390:

Camera 8.1 (Nikon) Status
    1 ShawnRahman New York USA
    2 MA Longmore (Ron) New York USA
    3 rcam72 New York USA
    4 Newt_On_Strings NYC USA
    5 Rick A Pennsylvania USA
    6 Jnanian Rhode Island USA
    7 MatthewRusbarskyMaryland USA
    8 Axle Ontario Canada (CAMERA ON ITS WAY HERE) ⇐
    9 Thebanana Manitoba Canada
    10 Wallbergb Manitoba Canada
    11 Segedi Alberta Canada
    12 MartinB Alberta Canada
    13 MattKing BC Canada
    14 Flatulent1 Washington USA
    15 JohnNikon Washington USA
    16 Lmn Washington USA
    Home- ShawnRahman New York USA

Hopefully the camera will find its way to Axle soon. The last we heard from Matthew he took his shots and was going to try to mail the camera, but that's where he left off (this was on August 4th; seems longer ago than that, I know!). Hopefully he can free himself from whatever has tied him down to chime in and let us know where this camera is, or mail it, if he hasn't done so already.

Otherwise - I will fit one of the cameras slated for Round 9 (an Olympus P&S) with Portra and send it to Axle as the 8.1 replacement, and circle back around to the U.S. after Canada shoots. If the original 8.1 (Nikon) is found and comes around afterwards, we can figure out what to do with it then.

How about we give until the end of September before getting the Olympus out to Axle? Is that too soon?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by cdholden View Post
    No rush.
    Remember that's it's quality, not quantity. Besides, I'm still trying to think of where I'm taking it.

Camera 8.2 (Canon) Status (copied from an earlier page in this thread):

.....8 FilmSprocket Michigan USA <--- collecting dust at this guy's house!
    Ha! This Canon Sure Shot 85 Zoom Platinum will be leaving this house in better shape than ever! I've taken out the film, dusted & cleaned everything and put it all back together. I even got the film & counter back to 15 which was accomplished in a mostly dark room. Now, it's in a box which is in another box awaiting it's next photo outing. Everything with 8.2 is allllriiiight.

-Marc

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It sure would be nice to have this wrapped up in time for Christmas.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks for keeping tabs Shawn.. I'm more than happy to wait a while longer for Matthew and I'm sure everyone here will agree.. We all know how time runs away with you on occasion so another week or two won't hurt.

Tim did suggest a post card by old fashioned snail mail (as has been the norm when a camera is MIA for a bit) so if there's no news soon perhaps he'll go ahead and send that off? No pressure, just a gentle reminder if he's been unable to get online for any reason.

Marc do you do houses?

And now for something completely different...

Mick walks into Paddy's barn & catches him dancing naked in front of a Massey Ferguson 135...
    He says "Feckin' hell Paddy what are you doing?", Paddy says "Well me & Mary haven't been getting on too well in the bedroom lately & the counsellor recommended I do something sexy to attractor........."
    Síle

If you saw a man drowning and you could either save him or photograph the event...what kind of film would you use?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Síle View Post

Tim did suggest a post card by old fashioned snail mail (as has been the norm when a camera is MIA for a bit) so if there's no news soon perhaps he'll go ahead and send that off? No pressure, just a gentle reminder if he's been unable to get online for any reason.
    Just sent today. Gentle reminder on the responsibilities to the clan... Clan Guido.

tim in san jose
    Where ever you are, there you be.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Man, we were off to such a good start too =[

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin