Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,711   Posts: 1,482,956   Online: 971

Page 7 of 95 FirstFirst 123456789101112131757 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by k_jupiter View Post
    Makes you wish we had one of those school cameras that shoot 250 images before reloading, eh?
    I just missed out on this in the APUG classifieds - would've been nice with the F-1 - though probably a bit expensive on the shipping

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by k_jupiter View Post
    There are not enough lifetimes to handle a camera with two rolls of film.

tim in san aachen cambridge jose
    There certainly aren't Tim_who_can't_stay_in_one_country_for_long... but there may be enough for two cameras.... No anyone vs anyone this time.. I think that was our downfall. Competition got in the way of common sense!

But Lisa I'm with you, I hate leaving the regs out and already have 5 people on the reserves bench, so I'm trying to work out if I have enough sanity left to send off two.. I may just call on you if you're still ok with that and haven't regained your sanity?

I'll get on working out the logistics of it just as soon as I've finished eating all the Easter eggs in the house...
    Síle

If you saw a man drowning and you could either save him or photograph the event...what kind of film would you use?

lmn

Shooter
    35mm
    I'd be happy to help. When you're done with the Easter eggs, I'll be here snacking on jelly beans.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have a Fuji AF zoom and loads of film to put up for the affair. PM me if thats what you want to do.

Fuji 1000 Zoom date, 35-80mm camera, and Fuji Superia film.
    Last edited by Rick A; 04-24-2011 at 01:57 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum
    BTW: the big kid in my avatar is my hero, my son, who proudly serves us in the Navy. "SALUTE"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If nothing else works, I will know in about two days whether I can score a Nikon L35AF in pretty decent condition. It's a fixed 35/2.8 lens, but it is absolutely wonderful. A really robust camera too, so it should withstand the travel. Will let all know in a couple of days.

I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'm up for being a reserve too!
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by lmn View Post
    I'd be happy to help. When you're done with the Easter eggs, I'll be here snacking on jelly beans.
    That's excellent.. thanks a million Lisa. I'll definitely take you up on that.. and a few of those jellybeans while you're at it...

Quote Originally Posted by Rick A View Post
    I have a Fuji AF zoom and loads of film to put up for the affair. PM me if thats what you want to do.

Fuji 1000 Zoom date, 35-80mm camera, and Fuji Superia film.
    Rick thank you so much for that offer! I'll PM you as soon as we have more of an idea of what's happening, but we will definitely be taking your offer into consideration for this round!

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Rahman View Post
    If nothing else works, I will know in about two days whether I can score a Nikon L35AF in pretty decent condition. It's a fixed 35/2.8 lens, but it is absolutely wonderful. A really robust camera too, so it should withstand the travel. Will let all know in a couple of days.
    That's great Shawn thank you! We're in no hurry... I think everyone who has participated in travelling camera's before knows patience... too well!

Quote Originally Posted by Black Dog View Post
    I'm up for being a reserve too!
    Consider yourself reserved...
    Síle

If you saw a man drowning and you could either save him or photograph the event...what kind of film would you use?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Well? Has the camera left on its travels yet?
    Fred Latchaw
    Seattle WA

Seahawks won Superbowl XLVIII.
    Next year's Superbowl is XLIX. Easier to pronounce than XLVIII. Sounds like XLAX.
    I hope that doesn't mean we won't be able to stop the run...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Síle View Post
    I have a reserve/back up list in case of drop outs, Focus No 9 and Pcyco I'll keep you in mind if we have a drop out!
    thankyou sile
    it is so much fun to be a part oft it.
    --
    thomas
    --------------------------------------------------
    vfdkv (259)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The camera(s) haven't moved yet.. But the good news is that ShawnRahman has managed to get hold of the Nikon L35AF so we're ready to roll with two camera's and therefore hopefully will be able to facilitate everyone..

We're probably looking at a couple of weeks before we're finally ready to send anything. So sit back, prepare your chickens and get ready for round 8...
    Síle

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin