Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,566   Posts: 1,545,350   Online: 1040

Page 86 of 95 FirstFirst ... 367680818283848586878889909192 ... LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Camera Checks! Where are they and what are the plans.....???

tim in san jose
    Where ever you are, there you be.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    The one I posted arrived at Jake's address twenty days ago but he hasn't posted anything here since then.

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    And Ralph sent me a PM on February 12th confirming that he still had the camera, but was going to send it to me that week.

Time to tell Sile to get the goon squads ready?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Have we lost both cameras simultaneously, again? Gee, I took some outstanding shots, too...
    Fred Latchaw
    Seattle WA

I am beginning to resent being referred to as 'half-fast'.
    Whatever that's supposed to mean.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I'll talk to Ralph tom'w. Suspect I'll be running into him at the Camera Clinic.

-J
    APUG: F4, F2AS, F, Nikomat FTn
    DPUG: D200
    Nikkors: 18-70/3.5-4.5G AF-S DX (f/D200), 24/2.8 AI, 50/1.4 AI, 85/1.8 K, 180/2.8 ED AIS, 300/4.5 ED AI

My FB - My flickr stream
    My SmugMug

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'm available for goon work. Be warned though. Part of my compensation package will include another exposure on each of the cameras, but I have to hold on to them for a month first.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by cdholden View Post
    I'm available for goon work. Be warned though. Part of my compensation package will include another exposure on each of the cameras, but I have to hold on to them for a month first.

Tempting as that offer is... I think we need non camera goons for this job...

Anybody have an Italian connections here?? Sicilian perhaps..... A Father, Uncle, Cousin... Godfather even??
    Síle

If you saw a man drowning and you could either save him or photograph the event...what kind of film would you use?

Shooter
    35mm
    The ONLY thing I have to say about 'Camera 8' is this: why was the Fuji Single 8 system so marginalized? It had superior film (tough estar-like base) and required no turnover after 25 feet (until SUPER 8 came along).

For that matter, why was the Pathe 9.5 mm system so 'killed to death even'? THAT format was truly a marvel with, I believe, more than TWICE the footprint because the sprocket holes were BETWEEN the frames. Why does common sense always lose out? - David Lyga

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    David - I tried to understand what you wrote. I really did. Then I pretended to understand what you wrote, and still didn't get it.

Sounds interesting (it really does), but why have the two Camera 8 cameras invoked the systems you mention? I feel like I should understand this, but I've had my head in the sand so long now.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Maybe David wants to turn the adventures of our various travelling cameras into a movie?

Box office success?

Who will fight for a slice of the royalty "pie"?
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin