Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,963   Posts: 1,523,212   Online: 835

Page 87 of 95 FirstFirst ... 377781828384858687888990919293 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Rahman View Post
    David - I tried to understand what you wrote. I really did. Then I pretended to understand what you wrote, and still didn't get it.

Sounds interesting (it really does), but why have the two Camera 8 cameras invoked the systems you mention? I feel like I should understand this, but I've had my head in the sand so long now.
    I only came up with one word: "Huh?".

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by David Lyga View Post
    The ONLY thing I have to say about 'Camera 8' is this: why was the Fuji Single 8 system so marginalized? It had superior film (tough estar-like base) and required no turnover after 25 feet (until SUPER 8 came along).

For that matter, why was the Pathe 9.5 mm system so 'killed to death even'? THAT format was truly a marvel with, I believe, more than TWICE the footprint because the sprocket holes were BETWEEN the frames. Why does common sense always lose out? - David Lyga
    My birthday falls on an 8th day and I too feel somewhat marginalized. And I do hope my birthday gets lost in the mail this year, but in some exotic locale, like Bali. Or Cleveland.
    -----------------------

Segedi.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I understood exactly what he was talking about and have only one reply. WTH?

It takes all kinds. (And I am example #1)

tim in san jose. (I don't have time or energy to mount a single rescue mission, much less two. So let's get these cameras HOME.)
    Where ever you are, there you be.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Send the cameras home or I call Vinnie "no neck" Grimone to come crack yer knees.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum
    BTW: the big kid in my avatar is my hero, my son, who proudly serves us in the Navy. "SALUTE"

Shooter
    35mm
    Really, guys, what is so arcane here? Fuji had its own system of 8mm called 'single 8'. It had all the attributes I mentioned. And Pathe 9.5 was technically not an '8' but it used only slightly less film and had a format that was over twice as large as standard 8 because the sides were sprocketless. That should ring a bell in the economics dept.The sprocket holes were BETWEEN the frames. When you are as ancient as I am these terms are not so incomprehensible. (Just try to ask me about pixels or such and you will truly see how intelligent I am NOT. - David Lyga

Shooter
    Multi Format
    OK... The problem is this: your post assumed that everyone uses logic. WRONG! It's off topic too. To be on topic, you need to post about one of the two cameras, postal successes and failures in any country where said cameras may be traveling, chicken recipes, people who move and don't update addresses when attempting to receive one of two said cameras, the weather, substituting people and swiching/eliminating turns, random thoughts (you're getting warmer!), poopy water (my very own!), politics, travel, or maybe something else not yet covered in this or any of the 7 projects before it.
    I hope I've made myself clear.

Chris

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by cdholden View Post
    OK... The problem is this: your post assumed that everyone uses logic. WRONG! It's off topic too. To be on topic, you need to post about one of the two cameras, postal successes and failures in any country where said cameras may be traveling, chicken recipes, people who move and don't update addresses when attempting to receive one of two said cameras, the weather, substituting people and swiching/eliminating turns, random thoughts (you're getting warmer!), poopy water (my very own!), politics, travel, or maybe something else not yet covered in this or any of the 7 projects before it.
    I hope I've made myself clear.

Chris
    I couldn't have said it better myself .....

You'd know you were a seasoned travelling camera'r Chris!
    Síle

If you saw a man drowning and you could either save him or photograph the event...what kind of film would you use?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    There's some sort of major failure to communicate here. David seems to be posting about 8mm movie cameras.
    "While you're out there smashing the state, don't forget to keep a smile on your lips and a song in your heart!"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by thebanana View Post
    There's some sort of major failure to communicate here. David seems to be posting about 8mm movie cameras.
    I agree, except the problem is that David seems to think we are posting about 8mm movie cameras!

David - the "8" refers to the fact that this is round eight of the travelling camera exchange.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Rolls eyes....

tim insan jose
    Where ever you are, there you be.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin