Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,849   Posts: 1,582,828   Online: 757

View Poll Results: Would you prefer an individual print exchange?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, please change it to an individual print exchange

2 25.00%
  • No, it is fine as it is

6 75.00%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    got Dianna's yesterday too...she must have sent mine ahead of all you lot to get here at the same time... impressive distribution!

Mine are printed and ready to send, just got to bag 'em up and send on their way... will aim to do it tonight!

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

Sent!

Hey everyone,

I sent mine out yesturday. Not the best image ever, but I'm having a lint problem with my Holga (didn't realize it till it was too late!). Something about the image did make me laugh a lot, though.

I received Dianna's and Pete's already, thanks!! Both are great images, and Pete's reminded me that I can and should do double images on my Holga. Looking forward to see the others!

L

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Got Peter's today... got any details about the image Pete?

Mine went out today... week or two should see them delivered!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Nige
    Got Peter's today... got any details about the image Pete?
    I don't know the man...I followed him off the train, since he got off at my stop. I walked past him and set up as if I were shooting the river and let him walk into the frame. The double exposure on the bottom right is from the shutter not completely blocking the opening on its return. The man had moved on by then, so you can see the railing that had been behind him.
    He is crossing the Charles River on Moody Street in Waltham, Mass.
    The film was developed in Diafine, and is probably Tri-X, but may have been Neopan.
    Last edited by PhotoPete; 02-07-2006 at 10:54 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Whew!

I just got back from mailing all the photos. To make up for the delay I sent an extra goodie

Alan.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Alan,

I got your print yesterday. Wow. I feel like I understand exactly what that horse was thinking when you took the shot.

Lauren,

I got yours yesterday as well. I laughed out loud when I opened the envelope- the look on that man's face is priceless!

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Got Lauren's photo today. Now my son wants one of those bubble makers.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by PhotoPete
    OK, folks, let's get those prints mailed out...the time has arrived!
    LOL! Here I am harping about deadbeats and I haven't sent mine out yet! I have them now mounted, boxed and ready to send.

I have recieved great prints from:

Dianna: The irony of Dianna taking a pic with a Holga! LOL

PhotoPete: The mood of the pic is fantastic. I like the blurry background. The fact he is a 'ghost' image as well adds to the image significantly.

Ksiti: Certainly is an interesting pic. A problem with your Holga - like light leaks, fuzzy lens, out of focus inconsistency, winding inconsistency, etc...? If it's any or all of these, it's working fine!

Alan: Nice pic of the boy with the bubbles.

Thanks, Art.
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by gr82bart
    Alan: Nice pic of the boy with the bubbles.
    I think that one might have been Lauren's. My print was the dirty white winter horse.

I also realize I didn't include any info with my print or an explanation of the sticker I sent as an extra. I used a Diana F with Kodak Porta 400 VC. I took the picture about three weeks ago. The sticker is a thing from my actual profession (illustrator/designer). My wife thinks it's creepy but I think it's funny and kinda cute. Go to my site if you want to see more (www.MenacingTourist.com). If it's not your thing then just give it to a teenager or stick it on the nearest stop sign or street pole. Just don't get caught

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Yes, the guy with the bubbles was mine. I still have all of the above, though: Light leaks, warped image, bizzarre focusing. I love all these things. The problem was that the flocking I used on the inside to prevent the film from scratching on the plastic sides has been shedding. The result has been black lint marks on my images. This one that I sent is the only print of my recent shots that have been missing that.

I received Alan's, and, although I'm a black and white girl, I was very excited to see a color image. I've also never seen a Dianna photograph in person before! Such soft focusing, it is a really beautiful image. As far as the sticker, both my boyfriend and I got a kick out of it. It is now on my bike.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin