Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,926   Posts: 1,585,148   Online: 866

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I collected a very nicely presented print from bsignorelli from the Post Office this morning, thanks Bryan.

I have printed my effort now and should be able to get them posted out next week to the three addresses I have.

Crispin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich Ullsmith View Post
    Does this mean I'm getting prints today? Yee-haa! Got Stever's, thanks for the color. Everybody should have theirs from me except maybe Tony, I don't know how long it takes to get to Wales.
    Rich,
    Got your prints last week and also sent a PM. My wife's family is from South Wales by I am in NEW South Wales, an Eastern state in Australia!
    I have just finished bubble-wrapping my prints and they will be in the mail to you all tomorrow just in time I hope to beat the deadline.

Also, thanks to Steve for his four colour prints.

Tony

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Received keeds' wonderful combine print.

Thanks.

K.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    bdilgard's print arrived today. Someone playing a guitar isn't the sort of subject one would normally try to photograph with a pinhole but Bob has done an excellent job.

Crispin

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Crispinuk's prints arrived safely today ... that's a neat camera you used, thanks (everyone) for the nice work.

For our group, that should be it I think... we never did hear from the 5th person even though we PM'd him a few times.

Bryan

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Vaughn here...my prints are in the wash...hopefully they will be put into the mail tomorrow. I am also trying to leave town, so it will be tight! Worse comes to worse, I'll mail them from Spokane next week.

Tony, your print arrive yesterday and in good shape, and extremely beautiful! My wife is from NWS (Comboyne, up near Taree), so an image of Sydney is much appreciated (she worked at a hospital west of Sydney towards the Blue Mountains...Penrith, I think, or was it Parramatta?) A platinum print was totally unexpected...well seen and well printed. Not something that should be put away in a box.

So, of our group, that only leaves me as the slacker...but I am pleased with my images. I used a handmade pinhole on my Gowland 4x5 -- exposed onto Polaroid Type 55 that expired 1988, and printed on Kodak Ektalure K that was dated 1981. It was amazing everything worked! (the Type 55 was refrigerated for the past 14 years, but not the photopaper).

So, it looks like I'll get my images in the mail before the June 30 deadline, but not by much! It is almost mid-night...I have a print to mat and frame for a show tomorrow, and need to load up some 8x10 holders for my trip up to Spokane (Planning on some time along the Colombia River Gorge on the way back!) So I'd better get busy!

vaughn

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaughn View Post
    ..... Tony, your print arrive yesterday and in good shape, and extremely beautiful! My wife is from NWS (Comboyne, up near Taree), so an image of Sydney is much appreciated (she worked at a hospital west of Sydney towards the Blue Mountains...Penrith, I think, or was it Parramatta?) ...
    Hi Vaughn - There are big hospitals in both thoses places. Parramatta is 10 mins from my home. A big childrens hospital there which I have visited more times than I would have liked and my daughter did a practicum there last year as part of her Social Work degree.

Interestingly my father's first teaching placement out of college was near Comboyne in the mid 1950's. I have poked around that area a bit in my youth with family and friends from boarding school especially around Wauchope. Nice to know you have an Aussie connection and, by the way, the Sydney Opera House was granted World Heritage status yesterday.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I have now received all prints. Great work all. have not been notified if mine made it.

Randy

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Rlibersky View Post
    I have now received all prints. Great work all. have not been notified if mine made it.

Randy
    Hello Randy..I received yours...but I am wondering how you received mine since I haven't got it in the mail yet? Doing the time warp again?

I believe yours was the 8x10 of the pond w/ the barn in the background...a heck of a lot sharper than mine is! Looks like the paper will have some permanent creases...but not to worry -- I consider them as part of the image.

Looks like mine will not get into the mail until Monday. Sorry.

Vaughn

PS...I just packaged up the prints, so it is just a matter of getting to an opened post office.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Randy - I got yours also. Sorry I thought I had responded but I remember now I got yours and Rich's prints on the same day and I think I thanked him for both! I gave the print a few minutes in the dry mounting press and it looks pretty good. A very dreamy landscape. Thanks.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin