Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 75,253   Posts: 1,660,407   Online: 1102

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    And this afternoon I got two fantastic prints in the mailbox, one from Art and one from Ralph. The first one is a Pola-pinhole (green and quite atmosheric, quite impressive indeed) and the second a print made out of a 8x10 neg (wow !!!) taken in a street that looks much like a prop for a Western starring John Wayne (to me, at least)...

Thank you guys, these are really great pinhole pictures, they make me think that I should get to work to improve my technique...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ya see -- miracles do happen!

Prints are on their way to Freneticist and Doyle Thomas (not a known relative ). Still waiting for the third address. I had to improvise a bit on packaging, maybe by next time I'll locate a source of "ideal" padded envelopes.

For previews, I added a scan of one of the prints to the APUG group on the WPPD gallery; it should be here. Or it may be seen at slightly higher resolution through the next link...

Results of the whole WPPD trek, pinhole and otherwise, may be found at my PBase gallery. Details of the Bronica SQ-Hole camera appear on this page.

It was fun -- I might even do it again!

DaveT
    Last edited by DWThomas; 05-22-2007 at 12:09 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: congenital typing impairment

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have received a HUGE print from George Papantoniou. Classical pinhole, with a fountain and columns and exotic palm. Thanks, George!

K.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Received picture from Doyle Thomas about two weeks ago, and (no excuses) failed to post that I had received. Pic is Pink Rodi Flowers. Doyle included a "section" of the original negative. Doyle provided information on camera, settings, print method. Matted/framed/signed. Fantastic job and pic. Thanks.

Received print from DWThomas today. As I like pics of bridges, and did my photo-essay for one of my photog classes, this was an ideal pic of an historical site. The Tunkhannock Viaduct. David was kind enough to also include information regarding the history detailing the building of the bridge. Too cool!
    Oh, and he included info on the camera too....

Still have not received addresses from two others in the group.

Both images were mounted. Man, I love it!!
    To echo George Papantoniou's words; Definitely need to work on my photog skills

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Freneticist View Post
    To echo George Papantoniou's words; Definitely need to work on my photog skills
    Don't be fooled by George's poor-mouthing himself. I've got a sample of what he can do. K.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Received print from DWThomas today(no known relation although my father was born in Lost Creek W VA and I have family in the east). Very nice B/W of a historical bridge fully documented. Thank you muchly.

Still no word from dlyder.

Doyle
    It is easier to gain enlightenment than to explain enlightenment.
    Supreme Master Ching Hai

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    So, as I mentioned in the Postcard exchange update, I came home to some goodies. I feel like a kid returning from Halooween going through my loot for the evening.
    • First off - George's HUGE print. Holy cow. Very ethereal image of a palatial building and fountain.
    • Then, there's Kobin's print made on his homemade 8x10 of Hernando, MS. If that car wasn't in the picture, I'd have guessed the image was over 100 years old. Just a nice image with a great write up too.
    • Finally, thanks so much to Gary Doyle Thomas who sent me a print and isn't in my group - just because! It's a nicely framed image of pink flowers up close. I was always wondering how close one can get with a pinhole camera. This image is going to inspire to give it a try this weekend.
    Only a couple more prints to get and I am looking forward to them. Thank you George, Kobin and Doyle!

Regards, Art.
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Thank you Ralph and Art for your kind words.

Ralph, I was not speaking about my Photographer's skills, only my Pinholer's ones. I hadn't made a pinhole picture since 1989 or something... This picture needed a lot of dodging and buring in in order to get it to this (relatively) OK state you can see, for the neg was really bad. I actually had to split-grade print it !!!!

You can see the ones made by my students on the WPPD site (and one more of mine), just choose "Greece" as the country of choice. We're the only ones who took part from around here... My students used paper negs (that we scanned and inverted on Photoshop, in order to work easier and quicker) and I used film.

Almost every single pinhole we manufactured and used was leaking light :rolleyes:

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Group4 you're prints are done. Just finished toning them, will dry and flatten them over the next couple of days and get them posted out by the end of the week. Sorry it has taken so long, another dog in the house really does eat into your time let alone slippers and everything else!!!

Art, already said, love the colour polaroid, great subject and beautiful colours.

George, my what a big print and brilliantly chosen subject, encompasses all pinhole strong points: dof, motion, being in the scene. Great.

Kobin, great picture of your hometown. If the car wasn't there it could have been a century ago.

One question, how much cropping did anyone do? I have a lot of light fall off with my 50mm 5x4 f140 pinhole as you will see when my prints finally get to you. Mind you my sheets were dreadfully underexposed and over developed. Interesting printing...

Details:
    50mm f140 5x4 Pinhole
    Ilford fp4+
    Semi-stand: 1hr - Rodinal 1:100

Ilford MGIV FB Matt, Agfa Neutol
    Split toned in Sepia and Selenium

Comments please. Thanks, Andrew

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Sent mine out today. Recieved a number of nice color prints from Stever.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin