Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,764   Posts: 1,484,068   Online: 1126

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    So, as I mentioned in the Postcard exchange update, I came home to some goodies. I feel like a kid returning from Halooween going through my loot for the evening.
    • First off - George's HUGE print. Holy cow. Very ethereal image of a palatial building and fountain.
    • Then, there's Kobin's print made on his homemade 8x10 of Hernando, MS. If that car wasn't in the picture, I'd have guessed the image was over 100 years old. Just a nice image with a great write up too.
    • Finally, thanks so much to Gary Doyle Thomas who sent me a print and isn't in my group - just because! It's a nicely framed image of pink flowers up close. I was always wondering how close one can get with a pinhole camera. This image is going to inspire to give it a try this weekend.
    Only a couple more prints to get and I am looking forward to them. Thank you George, Kobin and Doyle!

Regards, Art.
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Thank you Ralph and Art for your kind words.

Ralph, I was not speaking about my Photographer's skills, only my Pinholer's ones. I hadn't made a pinhole picture since 1989 or something... This picture needed a lot of dodging and buring in in order to get it to this (relatively) OK state you can see, for the neg was really bad. I actually had to split-grade print it !!!!

You can see the ones made by my students on the WPPD site (and one more of mine), just choose "Greece" as the country of choice. We're the only ones who took part from around here... My students used paper negs (that we scanned and inverted on Photoshop, in order to work easier and quicker) and I used film.

Almost every single pinhole we manufactured and used was leaking light :rolleyes:

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Group4 you're prints are done. Just finished toning them, will dry and flatten them over the next couple of days and get them posted out by the end of the week. Sorry it has taken so long, another dog in the house really does eat into your time let alone slippers and everything else!!!

Art, already said, love the colour polaroid, great subject and beautiful colours.

George, my what a big print and brilliantly chosen subject, encompasses all pinhole strong points: dof, motion, being in the scene. Great.

Kobin, great picture of your hometown. If the car wasn't there it could have been a century ago.

One question, how much cropping did anyone do? I have a lot of light fall off with my 50mm 5x4 f140 pinhole as you will see when my prints finally get to you. Mind you my sheets were dreadfully underexposed and over developed. Interesting printing...

Details:
    50mm f140 5x4 Pinhole
    Ilford fp4+
    Semi-stand: 1hr - Rodinal 1:100

Ilford MGIV FB Matt, Agfa Neutol
    Split toned in Sepia and Selenium

Comments please. Thanks, Andrew

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Sent mine out today. Recieved a number of nice color prints from Stever.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I recieved a nice print from Bastiaan yesterday.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Hi Andrew, thanks for the nice words... mine was not cropped at all, apart for the cropping done by the neg carrier of the beseler... I had to dodge and burn in a lot, though... one side of the neg was slightly fogged. Art coudn't have cropped a Polaroid, could he ?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    No cropping except for the fixed border on the print easel. I use the easel because it's easier for me to register and secure negative and paper than trying to place them under a sheet of glass. I don't have a print frame.

There are ghost images of two other cars in the print, on the right and left sides. This is a town a few miles down the road. My town can't afford a square.

K.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by George Papantoniou View Post
    Art coudn't have cropped a Polaroid, could he ?
    Technically, I could have, but honestly I would have butchered it. :o

Regards, Art.
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by gr82bart View Post
    Technically, I could have, but honestly I would have butchered it. :o

Regards, Art.
    Indeed, technically you could have used a pair of scissors to crop it ...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Just got a great print on Ilford paper split toned with selenium and sepia by Andrew. Thank you Andrew, it seems that you have a nice time in your darkroom...

I still got no PM from the last member of the group, seems that he/she has given up the idea of participating...

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin