Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,860   Posts: 1,583,167   Online: 748

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I'm keen. I've finished printing mine this afternoon as long as we don't have too many more signups
    ~Heather
    oooh shiny!
    http://www.stargazy.org/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Looks like we're set with just the four of us - Janet, Cath, George and I. A cozy little group.

Regards, Art.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Who's this Janet person, Art?
    ~Heather
    oooh shiny!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Oh shoot! Hehehe ... I hate it when I'm caught like that. Heather I meant. I always meant Heather. Janet was nothing to me. Ahem. You know that right?

Regards, Art.
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Just got the negs from the lab. Almost everything is underexposed... Some are printable, I can make some Lambda prints... If you're interested in them, let me participate... otherwise I can wait for next year...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I think Lambdas are OK. I also like to be inclusive and be so orthodox about the little things. We'd love to still have you George! I think (hope) Heather and Cath would concur.

Regards, Art.
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Don't sweat the small stuff. I've never seen a lambda print before.

Art, Familiar with The Rocky Horror Picture Show?
    ~Heather
    oooh shiny!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Heather, I don't think that you are missing something... it's just that the only way to print colour in greece nowadays is using laser technology (lambda or some minilab...), except if you have your own RA-4 processor.

If you don't know what a lambda print is, I can explain... it's a print on a photographic paper made using digital technology, that is a laser image recorder connected to a computer. Most artists that want big prints use it in our days, since it facilitates large-format printing a lot... the one in the lab I work with can print up to 127cm wide and as long as you like (up to a few meters...). I haven't - yet decided to use it for artistic purposes, as I still insist that all my creative work is printed by an analog way*. I still don't know what I'll do when I'll have to print big in colour, though...

* not that the WWTCD prints are not considered "creative", it'a just that they are not meant to be exposed as a (part of a) body of work...

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Yeah I thought most minilab prints were done with digital enlarger type things or something, i didn't realise they were lambda printing... I've only heard of lambda printing in reference to the new ilford B&W stuff that can be used in those printers. I don't do much lab stuff these days, partly because I keep telling myself I'm going to do RA-4 at home one day. From what I've heard from PE, you can do normal RA-4 at room temperature and it's more stable than the RA-4 room temperature kits. Just need to compensate slightly for a colour cast caused by the cooler development.

Anyway that was totally off topic I don't expect many people to do their own colour stuff, especially if this isn't a specific colour analog work exchange.
    ~Heather
    oooh shiny!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    OK, I've got the prints... I need the adresses now...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin