Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,572   Posts: 1,545,645   Online: 960

Shooter
    Medium Format

infrared photography with horizon perfekt

Hi, I've just bought a horizon perfekt and would love to do some infrared photography. I have seen a few examples of this online so know it is possible, but I don't know how you would filter the lens. Does anyone have any experience of b&a IR photography with horizon camera and if so could you share how you filtered your photographs? Did you use the clip in filters with custom glass or did you attach some sort of gel over the lens?

Thanks, Simon

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I don't know the camera, but I found an interesting thread on flickr about alternative filters.
    (There should be some kind of filter set to this camera)
    http://www.flickr.com/groups/horizon...7624085705020/
    -
    "Nice picture, you must have an amazing camera."
    Visit my photography blog at: http://helino-photo.blogspot.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I have an old HorizonT camera (with T at the end, no plastic, all metal). I wished to make IR photographs with it.
    I bought a Cokin IR filter. These are easy to cut in pieces. I have the camera not here, but if memory serves I cut an piece of 17x15 mm². At the very edges oft this piece of filter I glued two very small particles of Tesa power strips, the one for sticking posters at the wall. There exist another, not removable version for gluing hooks at the wall, please don't take this.
    It is not very hard to put this piece of filter in the slit and stick it in front of the lens. Slightly pressing the filter with the blunt side of a pencil and it is ready. May be you need for removing the filter a needle.
    ---
    Uwe Pilz

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks for your help with this, i'll have a play around and see what I can do. I like the idea of cutting down the Cokin filter.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    There is also the question of exposure times : with the Horizon's you don't go under 1/2sec and there is no "B".

Paul

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Dear Paul,

with Superpan 200 you get around 12-25 ASA. You can take much with half a second and this film.
    If that is not sufficient: Hold the rewind knob, press the rewind button and turn the film finder knob - it won't wind the film. Now you have a second exposure.
    ---
    Uwe Pilz

Shooter
    35mm
    William J Markerink can make an IR Horizon filter for you. I have one.
    A couple of other people in APUG also use that.

Shooter
    35mm
    http://www.apug.org/forums/forum186/...zon-202-a.html

In case you need spare filters, I've seen recently in ebay somebody from Ukraine selling UV filters for $25.
    Search for "HORIZON S3 PRO U500 202 panoramic camera UV Ultra Violet lens Filter".

I own the 89B dark red , Markerink also offers Wratten 87C, to be used with Kodak HIE
    Last edited by somak; 02-02-2012 at 09:49 PM. Click to view previous post history.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin