Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,010   Posts: 1,524,618   Online: 1029

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Holga 135 Pan

Shooter
    35mm

Holga 135 Pan

Anyone know witch kind of mount use this camera? Is possible to adapt any other lens? Thanks

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Holgas are very inexpensive plastic cameras, and they have fixed lenses. No such luck putting another lens on a Holga.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Good grief! I lied! On the Freestyle web site, it says the new Holga 135 Pan has interchangeble lenses! But that's all it said: no details on the mount.

epp
    Shooter
    Holga
    Both the Holga Wide Angle and Telephoto lenses simply fit over the existing lens, on the regular and TLR Holga models.

The Holga Fisheye lens comes in two different versions, one each for the 120 and 135 cameras, there is also a glass fisheye lens for the 120.

Since the lenses on the 135 Panoramic are removable, I'm not sure the above lenses would work with it, but if the diameter of the lens is the same as those used on the regular/TLR models, then they might work.

They do have Close-Up and Macro lens adapter sets, both of which require the focusing ring to be set to infinity when using either.

I'm curious to know how many panoramic photos can be obtained from a roll of film (12/24/36 exp.) using the 135 Pan.
    Last edited by epp; 05-27-2012 at 10:40 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by epp View Post
    Both the Holga Wide Angle and Telephoto lenses simply fit over the existing lens, on the regular and TLR Holga models.

The Holga Fisheye lens comes in two different versions, one each for the 120 and 135 cameras, there is also a glass fisheye lens for the 120.

Since the lenses on the 135 Panoramic are removable, I'm not sure the above lenses would work with it, but if the diameter of the lens is the same as those used on the regular/TLR models, then they might work.

They do have Close-Up and Macro lens adapter sets, both of which require the focusing ring to be set to infinity when using either.

I'm curious to know how many panoramic photos can be obtained from a roll of film (12/24/36 exp.) using the 135 Pan.
    A good rule of thumb is to half the number of exposures. I think my xpan gets like 17 shots on a 36 exp. about the same on my noblex.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Actually, now that i think about the math, the Panoramic exposure count would likely be the stndard exposure count divided by two minus one, due to the long length of wated film required to be pulled out of the canister to load the camera.

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    Actually the lens for the Holga 135 Panoramic camera does come off. It's the first Holga camera to have this capability. The reason is because the camera comes with two detachable lenses...one standard, and one pinhole.

I'm curious to see if this is gonna be a one-off, or if Holga is going to include detachable lenses for other models in the future.

epp
    Shooter
    Holga
    Quote Originally Posted by AlbertZeroK View Post
    A good rule of thumb is to half the number of exposures. I think my xpan gets like 17 shots on a 36 exp. about the same on my noblex.
    I'll find out when the camera arrives.

I e-mailed a local lab that processes 120 film via mail order and asked if they also process films taken in the Holga 120 and/or 135 panoramic models. They replied that they could only process the film, but not scan or print them because their scanner only handles negatives up to 7 cm wide. 7 cm is just a little over 2 3/4 inches.

It would sound like the size of the panoramic negatives are quite larger than this?

I Googled "panoramic film processing" and found thedarkroom.com out in San Clemente, California, so I might give them a try.

mws

Shooter
    Medium Format

epp
    Shooter
    Holga
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverhead View Post
    Actually the lens for the Holga 135 Panoramic camera does come off. It's the first Holga camera to have this capability. The reason is because the camera comes with two detachable lenses...one standard, and one pinhole.

I'm curious to see if this is gonna be a one-off, or if Holga is going to include detachable lenses for other models in the future.
    The Holga catalogue (PDF available from Tokina at http://www.tokina.com.hk/) shows the 135 Pan as the only camera they have currently, with removable lenses, is 1.3 (panorama) and recommends the use of ASA 400 film.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin