Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,745   Posts: 1,515,652   Online: 748

Shooter
    Medium Format

Broken fuji g617

Well, last day of vacation and i have broken my g617. It was on the tripod and it tipped over on to the grass and the lens snapped off. I particular, the part tha holds the shutte to the focus ring snapped and the front lens element and shutter came off the camea.

So... Can i just replace this with a copal 0 shutter? Is the part that broke part of the shutter? I can post pictures when i get home.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    There is an electromechanical release on them, at least on my gX617, so I think it might be more complicated than a simple shutter swap. I'd contact Fuji and have them fix it...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    On the G617, there's a small mechanical arm/lever that trips the shutter. Make sure this isn't damaged otherwise it LOOKS like a straight swap. I have film in my camera so can't look inside to if it's a regular ring.

Also surprised the front cage didn't save your lens.

Shooter
    35mm
    Was just about to post a question related to my G617. Thought I'd tack it onto this thread.

I was removing the camera for it's case and I managed to snap the front bar that holds the spirit level. It really didn't take too much effort whatsoever! Clearly, it could be glued together - it looks like the internal screw/pin that holds it together has snapped. The shutter could also do with an overhaul as it's running slow. There are a couple of places that service/replace G617 shutters. Would anyone know of a place that might be able to fix the bar?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Patrick

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Send them to Fuji. They will come back like new in all respects.
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS]Films NOT Dead - Just getting fixed![/FONT]

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin