Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,897   Posts: 1,521,009   Online: 810

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    There is no pressure plate. Every frame has the bulge where the film move back from the frame rails. I will shoot another roll this weekend and tighten the film the rewind knob, which I just replaced with the correct one, when I advance the film and just before I take the next picture, as suggested by Ian C in post #4.
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Ah ha! Loading the second roll I see that I may have put the film between the foam gate and the second roller rather than under the second roller. The thicken plots!!

Shooter
    Large Format
    I haven't used one for a long time (and used a variety of others since), but wondered if it might be something like that. They are not all that intuitive to load.

Shooter
    Large Format
    If you fail to thread the film under the second roller, then there’s nothing to keep the film against the film rails at the right end of the frame. That would leave the image badly defocused at the left side of the photo—which is exactly what happened.

So far as I can see by looking at the photo of the open back shown (link in post #4) the felt bar (or whatever material it is) shown on the F7 is a light barrier to prevent any stray light from the lens from fogging the exposed film on the take-up spool.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian C View Post
    So far as I can see by looking at the photo of the open back shown (link in post #4) the felt bar (or whatever material it is) shown on the F7 is a light barrier to prevent any stray light from the lens from fogging the exposed film on the take-up spool.
    That is what I figured. Is that foam pad, the only foam pad in the camera? If so I will have to buy some foam and figure out what type of glue to use on it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I think that I fixed the problem. Also several years ago, my brother sent several rolls of frozen film to me REI Opticolor 200 135-24 Color Print film, process before 7/94. Do the photos that I took today look ok? I had to rush to get it processed before the film became out of date!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2012-07-001.jpg   2012-07-003.jpg   2012-07-008.jpg   2012-07-013.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've had a similar problem on my first roll with (then new to me) Horizon 202.
    Turns out I did not spool the film under one of the rollers - which just might be your problem, as you said....

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hi
    It's they way you threaded it and missed the correct slot
    See here for a how-to:
    http://csusap.csu.edu.au/~dspennem/p...a_Widelux.html

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by ausphoto View Post
    Hi
    It's they way you threaded it and missed the correct slot
    See here for a how-to:
    http://csusap.csu.edu.au/~dspennem/photography/cameratopia/Cameratopia_Widelux/Cameratopia_Widelux.html
    Thank you! That is the most useful WideLux website that I have seen and it has more information in one place than anything else!!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    You're very welcome. I'll be adding to it very soon with a detailed typology, walk arounds of the various models as well as a history (all in process)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin