Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,872   Posts: 1,583,531   Online: 996

Shooter
    Multi Format

Fuji Widepan Models

I've recently been experimenting with panoramic cameras after getting out a Widepan 617-A from my universities' stores (can't wait to try the TX-2 they have aswell at some point). Now, the problem I've been having is there seems to be an enormous lack of information when it comes to the WP617 models, the WP617-S in particular has caught my eye but I can't find anything on it, not even a general overview on the differences between all the models! I was wondering if some kind soul could point me in the right direction? It'd be much appreciated!

Cheers,
    Ali.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Widepan models are not Fuji cameras:
    http://widepan.ajaxnetphoto.com

Are Fuji 617 and GX617 the models you might be thinking of?

I use a Fotoman 617 with 150mm Rodenstock lens - amazing camera and image quality. Here's a picture taken in the northwest highlands of Scotland with Delta 100, dr5 reverse prcessed as a positive transparency:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	apug.final.pano-loch-torridon.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	32.3 KB 
ID:	63532

Hope this helps,
    Gavin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by coigach View Post
    Widepan models are not Fuji cameras:
    http://widepan.ajaxnetphoto.com

Are Fuji 617 and GX617 the models you might be thinking of?

I use a Fotoman 617 with 150mm Rodenstock lens - amazing camera and image quality. Here's a picture taken in the northwest highlands of Scotland with Delta 100, dr5 reverse prcessed as a positive transparency:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	apug.final.pano-loch-torridon.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	32.3 KB 
ID:	63532

Hope this helps,
    Gavin
    Ahh, thanks Gavin, that makes sense! My mistake, I didn't mean to put Fuji in the title! That's what you get for writing two things at once...
    No it's the Chinese one mentioned in the link, I can't seem to find any more information on them, the Shift version in particular sounding particularly appealing.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The manufacturer, Phenix, does not list the Widepan any more.

LJH

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Look at the DaYi 617 Shift II and the Gaoersi 617.

Or the significantly better featured and more useful Shen Hao 6x17 field camera(s).

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin