Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,956   Posts: 1,522,859   Online: 1102

Shooter
    4x5 Format

Want to look at a Fuji or Fotoman

Thinking about getting either a Fuji or Fotoman 6x17, I live in the UK Rye East Sussex, I would really like to have a look before buying is there anyone near me who has either of these.

LJH

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    What's the appeal of these two over the other cheaper or higher spec'ed 6x17 cameras?

Shooter
    35mm
    I'm sure you've seen, but just in case, Aperture in London has a GX617 in stock. Not sure if London is considered close-by, though.
    Steve.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Thanks for replies, have taken the plunge brought Fuji g617 105mm.

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    Lindyhopper sorry but we do not have a distributor in the UK at this time.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Fotoman cameras are very well made out of solid metal and give you a wide variety of superb lenses to use. I also like the feature to bring tension to the film after transport and to wind it back. Only the finder is a bit murky with very wide lenses.
    I never had a fuji but the GX with interchangable lenses is still very expensive and you have no super wide angle, and the G617 has a fixed lens with 105mm.
    I also had a Gaoersi and a DaYi that worked quite well but were not as well machined as the Fotoman.

Best regards, Sebastian

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin