Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,455   Posts: 1,570,514   Online: 1004

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have first 2 rolls back from the lab - looks quite good. I have used the in-camera meter exclusively and only later realised that it is closer to a spot meter than just centre weighted meter. Still - most of my exposures look good. Now I need to develop the BW films have send the all bunch for scanning

One important question though:
    My Xpan has some vertical misalignment in the rangefinder. Can I fix it myself (like with Bessa R3A) or does this needs to be done by a serviceman? If latter is the case - whom would you suggest? I live in Germany.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Here's one in Stuttgart. http://www.hirrlinger.de/
    You can also try http://www.calumetphoto.de/
    Both seem to be quite reputable, and I know Calumet is global. I hope this helps!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    OK, here are finally some results

All are form our vacation in Slovakia.

The waterfall in the middle was taken on E100G (and underexposed), the rest is on Ektar 100.

- -

-

-

I have yet to develop the BW films, so there is more to come

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Your images are quite beautiful. I'm really impressed. I've been tempted by this camera a number of times but never got to the point that I felt I could afford it. You've added greatly to the temptation.
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    Art

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Yep, Xpan is a *great* camera, I have had mine and all three lenses for nearly 10 years, shot a lot of Kodachrome with it. I wish I could sell the Beseler negative carrier in the classifieds for it though, I paid a fortune for it new and now use a different enlarger system.
    "I'm the freak that shoots film. God bless the freaks!" ~ Mainecoonmaniac ~

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I just got handed one of these to play with. It has the 40mm lens... I'll try to post some shots soon.
    K.S. Klain

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Not sure if others have run into this, but my first XPAN ( a model 2) underexposed by about a stop with exposures longer than 1/4 second. Speeds seemed (sounded) OK, but it was the metering that seemed to be the problem. When I metered with a handheld unit (after noticing this) speeds in fact ran true. I've recently gotten another XPAN2 (I had to sell the first one, and regretted it immediately) but have not used it in the same low light situations yet. I will absolutely bracket when I first do to see how it does.

A wonderful camera, with excellent lenses that produce stunning negatives. ENJOY!!

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

Some BW Shots

Well, I was handed one of these to test (the owner hasn't shot it in many a year) so here are my initial impressions:

Pros:
    - Build quality is typical Fuji. Very hefty build, smooth lens movement, very functional
    - Lens (40mm on this one) is tack sharp and has great contrast
    - The format is lots of fun and give you a lot of negative to play with
    - 21 shots out of 36 roll is more than I expected and makes it feel totally justified
    - changes your shooting habits and is a lot of fun!

Cons:
    - The tripod mount is waaaaaaay on the corner...what gives? It was all wonky on my tripod
    - Cost me $16 for a set of batteries, which died after two days because I left it on in my pack (no auto-off?)
    - Printing. Who has a holder for these? And how to frame em? Also, you need a MF printing lens for them (these aren't issues for me, per se, but thought I'd throw that out there)
    - More lenses cost quite a lot

Alright, here are some pics from my recent vacation into the Enchantments Wilderness in Central Washington. We got hammered by a storm.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	InternetMountains.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	1.14 MB 
ID:	74870

Name:	InternetTrees.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	806.1 KB 
ID:	74871

Name:	InternetStorm.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	850.9 KB 
ID:	74872

These are all Neopan 400 in Pyrocat 1:1:100 for 15 minutes.
    K.S. Klain

Shooter
    Medium Format

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Wonderful pictures! Xpan is my favorite camera. I am pleased to hear that you enjoy it too.

Regarding the battery issue, yes the XPAN (and XPAN II too) drains battery power even if you power it off. I always take out the batteries after use and insert them just before use. It's a bit hassle.

Quote Originally Posted by Klainmeister View Post
    Well, I was handed one of these to test (the owner hasn't shot it in many a year) so here are my initial impressions:

Pros:
    - Build quality is typical Fuji. Very hefty build, smooth lens movement, very functional
    - Lens (40mm on this one) is tack sharp and has great contrast
    - The format is lots of fun and give you a lot of negative to play with
    - 21 shots out of 36 roll is more than I expected and makes it feel totally justified
    - changes your shooting habits and is a lot of fun!

Cons:
    - The tripod mount is waaaaaaay on the corner...what gives? It was all wonky on my tripod
    - Cost me $16 for a set of batteries, which died after two days because I left it on in my pack (no auto-off?)
    - Printing. Who has a holder for these? And how to frame em? Also, you need a MF printing lens for them (these aren't issues for me, per se, but thought I'd throw that out there)
    - More lenses cost quite a lot

Alright, here are some pics from my recent vacation into the Enchantments Wilderness in Central Washington. We got hammered by a storm.

Name:	InternetMountains.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	1.14 MB 
ID:	74870

Name:	InternetTrees.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	806.1 KB 
ID:	74871

Name:	InternetStorm.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	850.9 KB 
ID:	74872

These are all Neopan 400 in Pyrocat 1:1:100 for 15 minutes.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin