Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,943   Posts: 1,557,605   Online: 1263

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Dr. C., thanks for the suggestion. Sounds possible.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    leitax makes nice adapter mounts like that for OM-Nikon stuff and various other adaptations. Well made, precision is not a problem with those.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Just to clear any confusion. The lens I bought had been professionally and permanently modified and it works fine on Nikon cameras. The problem is the xpan-adapter which is slightly too long so that I cannot focus using the scale on the lens (which on the xpan is all I have). Of course I could make a translation table so that I would know which real distances the distances on the scale on the lens would be. That however would require a lot of time and film and since I cannot focus at infinity (on the xpan) I won't bother with it. I just put a Widelux in my bag instead of the Olympus lens.
    Maybe I'll sell it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesper View Post
    Just to clear any confusion. The lens I bought had been professionally and permanently modified and it works fine on Nikon cameras. The problem is the xpan-adapter which is slightly too long so that I cannot focus using the scale on the lens (which on the xpan is all I have). Of course I could make a translation table so that I would know which real distances the distances on the scale on the lens would be. That however would require a lot of time and film and since I cannot focus at infinity (on the xpan) I won't bother with it. I just put a Widelux in my bag instead of the Olympus lens.
    Maybe I'll sell it.
    Maybe all you really need to be able to do is focus the lens at infinity. Then using the scale and distance estimating/stopping down you should be able to pitch focus with sufficient accuracy. An important difference between the Nikon F mount and the OM mount, is the latter's shorter flange to focal plane distance (46.5mm compared to 46mm) so adapting on OM lens to F - mount isn't as easy as doing the reverse.

You could try a few things to get what may well be this unique combination of XPAN and Zuiko 24mm working.

1. try your adaptor with a Nikon lens on your XPAN too see if infinity focus is retained
    2. buy another brand of adaptor - maybe yours is the wrong spec?
    3. most drastic - machine the adaptor down a little
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails _O124811.JPG  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil Grant View Post
    You could try a few things to get what may well be this unique combination of XPAN and Zuiko 24mm working.

1. try your adaptor with a Nikon lens on your XPAN too see if infinity focus is retained
    2. buy another brand of adaptor - maybe yours is the wrong spec?
    3. most drastic - machine the adaptor down a little
    I have tried with a Nikkor 24/2.0 Ais with adapter on the Xpan and I've tried the OM 24 on a Nikon F4. Both lenses work fine on the F4 and both focus too close with adaptor on Xpan. The problem is quite clearly with the adaptor. Besides it is a bit cumbersome so the focus problem is just one reason for me not to like it. The Widelux is ofcourse a bit different but it works for me so I've given up on the OM lens.
    Thanks for all the input!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin