Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,472   Posts: 1,570,948   Online: 783

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    epp
    Shooter
    Holga

35mm panorama processing at Walmart (U.S.)

I was in a local Walmart this morning and inquired about 35mm panoramic processing, as I have a new Holga 135 Panorama camera which I have yet to use.

The clerk indicated she believes they could do it, as I indicated how large the individual prints might be.

Has anyone actually had 35mm panorama processed/printed at Walmart in the U.S and if so, how did the processing/prints come out?
    --
    My Holgas:

Holga 120N
    Holga 120TLR
    Holga 135
    Holga 135TLR
    Holga 135 Pan

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I've never used WalMart because although they had twice a week pickup, they destroy the negatives rather than return them to you! That's what the employee told me here in Commack, NY.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I've not had it done at Walmart, but my understanding is that Walmart no longer returns 35mm negatives.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

epp
    Shooter
    Holga
    This Walmart I went to, has an in-store lab that does 35mm (color) film.

Why would any lab not return the negatives??
    --
    My Holgas:

Holga 120N
    Holga 120TLR
    Holga 135
    Holga 135TLR
    Holga 135 Pan

Shooter
    35mm
    If it's an in-store lab and you're doing C-41, you're probably okay. Their send-out service does not return 35mm C-41 negatives. Rumor is that non-35mm and non-C-41 negs will be returned, but I cannot confirm this. When they stopped returning negatives, I stopped using their send-out service for any film.
    ME Super

Shoot more film.
    There are eight ways to put a slide into a projector tray. Seven of them are wrong.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by ME Super View Post
    Rumor is that non-35mm and non-C-41 negs will be returned, but I cannot confirm this. When they stopped returning negatives, I stopped using their send-out service for any film.
    I can confirm that they return 35mm slides/BW negatives, and all formats of 120 (C-41/BW/E6). I have used their send-out service for all types of films as recent as 2 weeks ago, except 35mm C-41.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by epp View Post
    This Walmart I went to, has an in-store lab that does 35mm (color) film.

Why would any lab not return the negatives??
    do a search to find the threads on this that already exist. why not return your negs? IT'S WALMART.
    www.vinnywalsh.com

I know what I want but I just don't know how to go about gettin' it.-Hendrix

epp
    Shooter
    Holga
    Quote Originally Posted by ME Super View Post
    If it's an in-store lab and you're doing C-41, you're probably okay. Their send-out service does not return 35mm C-41 negatives. Rumor is that non-35mm and non-C-41 negs will be returned, but I cannot confirm this. When they stopped returning negatives, I stopped using their send-out service for any film.
    This local Walmart can also send films out, I believe it goes to the local Fujifilm lab for processing. I would expect the likes of Fujifilm to return all negatives with prints.
    --
    My Holgas:

Holga 120N
    Holga 120TLR
    Holga 135
    Holga 135TLR
    Holga 135 Pan

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by epp View Post
    This local Walmart can also send films out, I believe it goes to the local Fujifilm lab for processing. I would expect the likes of Fujifilm to return all negatives with prints.
    That would be nice but, unfortunately, it's not the case. Walmart does use Fuji for their send out service. However, once the film is processed at the lab, the negatives are scanned, uploaded and are printed at the actual store in the photo department. The negatives, which never leave Fuji's lab, are then destroyed, and not returned to the customer. The send out envelopes clearly warn the customer of this in advance. That being said, I don't know how Walmart/Fuji can get away with destroying someone else's property; the negatives are the film, the same film that you bought and paid for. It should be noted that this only happens with 35 mm C-41 (color negative/print) film. With traditional black and white, E6 (slide) and other sizes of C-41, the film is still returned to the customer. Make your decision to use Walmart accordingly. The 'we don't return your property' policy pissed me off so much that I don't use their services at all any longer.

epp
    Shooter
    Holga
    Quote Originally Posted by Ten301 View Post
    That would be nice but, unfortunately, it's not the case. Walmart does use Fuji for their send out service. However, once the film is processed at the lab, the negatives are scanned, uploaded and are printed at the actual store in the photo department. The negatives, which never leave Fuji's lab, are then destroyed, and not returned to the customer. The send out envelopes clearly warn the customer of this in advance. That being said, I don't know how Walmart/Fuji can get away with destroying someone else's property; the negatives are the film, the same film that you bought and paid for. It should be noted that this only happens with 35 mm C-41 (color negative/print) film. With traditional black and white, E6 (slide) and other sizes of C-41, the film is still returned to the customer. Make your decision to use Walmart accordingly. The 'we don't return your property' policy pissed me off so much that I don't use their services at all any longer.
    Thanks for the info and opinion.

I have decided to check local CVS and Rite Aid pharmacies to see if either one offers it. I know the local CVS develops/prints 35mm in-house, but panorama film is something I will have to ask about.
    --
    My Holgas:

Holga 120N
    Holga 120TLR
    Holga 135
    Holga 135TLR
    Holga 135 Pan

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin