Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,328   Posts: 1,537,159   Online: 832

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images

How noisy is a Widelux?

I've got a Horizon 35mm panoramic camera; one time I took it to a wedding, took a photograph of the couple exchanging vows, and the seemingly non-stop whirring and buzzing of the Horizon caused half the attendees to turn and stare. I've read of photographers being able to fire off a Widelux without the subject really being aware. So while my "loud" may not be your "loud," if you've used or been near a Widelux would say it's likely to draw attention for being noisy? FYI, I've got GAS and am looking at a Widelux F6. If someone has a nice one for sale, I'd be interested to hear from you.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The Widelux isn't that loud but I've never tried it during a silent moment in a church with stone walls. It is well worth a try

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Trask, have you thought about making a blimb?
    Even with modern DSLRs a blimb is still used in delicate situations.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Compared to a Horizon 202 the Widelux is quiet. I have had a Horizon and now use a Widelux 7 and the sound that comes from it is only a muted whirring(?) as the lens swings. Everybody in the room knows when you trip the shutter on the Horizon

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I've owned a Widelux F7 -- I think you'd be alright in that situation. It's not what you call a loud camera.

Not rangefinder quiet, but quieter than a Horizon for sure.
    "Never criticize someone until you've walked a mile in their shoes. That way, you're a mile away and you've got their shoes."

MY BLOG - www.reservedatalltimes.com
    YOU SHOULD LOOK AT THIS SITE - www.colincorneau.com
    INSTAGRAM: colincorneau

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    AgX: I've heard of blimps, but I'd probably not really need one most of the time. Something quieter than a Horizon would do the trick for me, and as folks have noted, a Widelux is. Something for me to cogitate on...

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    the newer horizons(not 202) are less noisy. i think one of the s-versions is s for silent(if i dont err). i would get a noblex 135.
    www.3dreal.tk
    www.stereopan.org
    under reconstruction
    3dstereomedia
    aeropanorama
    marspanoramas

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin