Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,499   Posts: 1,543,166   Online: 1143

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Med. Format RF

if I could buy a fuji 617 in fair condition for $1000

Should I??? It might turn me into a Panomaniac

Davidson's

Shooter
    Medium Format
    only if your going to use it... and are you gonna be able to make enlargements?

either way, i think you should, that's effin' cool.
    sorry can't offer any real advice, or helpful info.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Someonenameddavid View Post
    Should I??? It might turn me into a Panomaniac

Davidson's
    Yes, if you don't like it you can clean and sell it for $4,000

Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I shoot with a Fuji G617 and LOVE it. It is really a love or hate type of camera to shoot with though. Some people find it opens creative doors, others find it too weird. The human eye sees in basically panoramic format, so there is a familiar quality to it when composing a shot.

If you get it, be sure it comes with a center ND filter. I can't emphasize that enough. It is almost pointless to buy this camera without the center ND filter, unless you like grossly vignetted images. Shooting in daylight and with black & white film is the only situation that I have found doesn't require the center ND. If you somehow manage to track down a separate center ND filter, you'll be paying about half as much as the cost of the camera, so it is worthwhile to be sure it comes with it.

Also, a ground glass can help for better composition and focus, and lining up graduated filters if you are doing landscapes. You can get a 2.5 x 7" ground glass for about $50.

Hope that doesn't scare you off. It is a GREAT camera to work with, and it is my favorite camera by far. It is built like a tank. The photos it creates are unique and fun to hang on your wall.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    I saw it at a amateur photographer test years ago and color spectrum was impressive . Red colors separated and eye catching very successfully , 6X17 format is dream format , there is no vignetting , distortion or anything wrong at corners and very sexy camera. I saw it with a tourist at istanbul and check it. Its a very very good camera , excellent , if you think you might pay 450 dollars for a 35mm russian panorama camera , dont miss it. I loved Fuji cameras with these cameras and my dream camera , run run , dont waste time David.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    Yes, if you don't like it you can clean and sell it for $4,000

Completed and sold auctions on eBay show them having gone for $820 - $1200 or so...
    -----------------------

"Well, my photos are actually much better than they look..."

Richard S.
    Albany, CA (San Francisco bay area)

My Flickr River of photographs
    http://flickriver.com/photos/rich815...r-interesting/

My Photography Website
    http://www.lightshadowandtone.com

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rich815 View Post
    Completed and sold auctions on eBay show them having gone for $820 - $1200 or so...
    Ahh I'm thinking of B&H prices then

~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

LJH

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    Ahh I'm thinking of B&H prices then
    Or you're quoting GX617, not G617, prices.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by eric bryan View Post
    If you get it, be sure it comes with a center ND filter. I can't emphasize that enough.
    Or you could get a medium format Noblex. It's "0nly" 6x12, but it's a swing lens, so exposure is absolutely even from center to corners.

And yes, I love mine.

-- Mark

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I had a Fotoman 6x12. That was fun. Now I have the love of my life: Shen-Hao 6x17 and a really top shelf set of lenses from 75mm to 300mm (both Nikkors) a 210 Sironar-S and a 110XL. 6x17 with movements and it's a light rig. Shooting 120 roll film is the only way to go. I get 800mb 16 bit color files from 3200ppi scans.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin