Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,830   Posts: 1,582,281   Online: 1032

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    LJH

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Quote Originally Posted by TareqPhoto View Post
    So do you mean if i use 72/90mm then it is better i go with fotoman for example or dedicated 6x17 body than using LF on 4x5 or larger format for those wide lenses?
    To cut a long story short: Go the dedicated camera - one of the Shen Hao 6x17 versions. Gives you the most options aside from handheld.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by LJH View Post
    To cut a long story short: Go the dedicated camera - one of the Shen Hao 6x17 versions. Gives you the most options aside from handheld.
    Cool, it sounds i decided already now, then Shen Hao 6x17 it is.

Thank you very much!

LJH

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Quote Originally Posted by TareqPhoto View Post
    Cool, it sounds i decided already now, then Shen Hao 6x17 it is.

Thank you very much!
    Feel free to PM me if you want any info on these. I know them quite well!

Great decision, and hope it works well.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I shoot 6x17 alongside my 5x4 cameras at present with a dedicated 617 camera, I looked at the conversion backs but there are severe restrictions on the Focal Length lenses you can use and I only use a 75mm for 6x17 - essentially this is a "Normal lenses" in terms of the vertical aspect of landscape images. I have a cone and a 90mm lens for my camera but found that in around 5 years I never used it.

However I've decided to build a dual format camera which can use both a 6x17 and a 5x4 back as there's nothing on the market that suits my requirements. I'm basing it around some existing Graflex Pacemaker Graphic parts I've acquired, so I'll use the focus tracks/guides however with A Super Graphic front standard that I've already modified to fit to get the movements I require. It'll be essentially a Wide Angle camera with a fixed bed, I already have a Speed Graphic Wide angle special and it's a simply building a wider case/body to allow the use of 6x17. The longest focal length lens I'd be able to use would be a 210mm. I found an article online showing an excellent (well engineered) DIY 6x17 roll film hack which would be easy to adapt for my camera.

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Well, it is better i decide on something rather than i keep open for many options or possibilities, i am not into doing things myself, so i prefer to go with ready item, and i don't want many 6x17, one that will work fine without much issue will do it for me, and from this thread and your answers it sounds a dedicated one is a way to go over a roll film back.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Even if you can get a 617 roll back for a 4x5 you will need a 5x7 enlarger to print the negatives. If you choose to scan I don't know of any film scanner that will do 6x17 except drums.

You can get a scanner that will do 6x12 and to print 6x12 a 4x5 enlarger will work.
    Tony
    Newnan, GA

Cambo 23SF, Hasselblad, Mamiya M645, Rolleiflex 2.8C
    Rollei 4x4 Grey
    Leica M4-P M3 IIIf RD Contax IIa Nikon SP
    Olympus OM-1 OM-2

http://www.oresteen.com/ROLLEI4X4.htm

LJH

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Quote Originally Posted by aoresteen View Post
    If you choose to scan I don't know of any film scanner that will do 6x17 except drums.
    There are heaps of scanners that do 6x17. Epsom, Canon, Imacon/Hasselblad and Microtek all make them. Surprising that you didn't know this.

Epson v750 works well.You picked a nice format within which to work!

Sent from my LG-P509 using Tapatalk 2
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails uploadfromtaptalk1388123273015.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by LJH View Post
    There are heaps of scanners that do 6x17. Epsom, Canon, Imacon/Hasselblad and Microtek all make them. Surprising that you didn't know this.
    I was referring dedicated FILM scanners, not flatbeds. Hasselbald is a drum scanned which I said could do 6x17.
    Tony
    Newnan, GA

Cambo 23SF, Hasselblad, Mamiya M645, Rolleiflex 2.8C
    Rollei 4x4 Grey
    Leica M4-P M3 IIIf RD Contax IIa Nikon SP
    Olympus OM-1 OM-2

http://www.oresteen.com/ROLLEI4X4.htm

LJH

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Quote Originally Posted by aoresteen View Post
    I was referring dedicated FILM scanners, not flatbeds. Hasselbald is a drum scanned which I said could do 6x17.
    They are dedicated film scanners. Who wrote the rule that a film scanner cannot be a flat bed? What a ridiculous notion.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin