Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,568   Posts: 1,545,428   Online: 1063

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Interesting. I see it fine, no password. It's a Micosoft OneDrive account, whatever that is.
    Maybe you're on a non-Microsoft operating system?
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by TheToadMen View Post
    I tried, but it still says:

"Because you're accessing sensitive info, you need to verify your password."

It wants me to sign in with some sort of Microsoft account. That I won't do (even if I had one).
    Don't know where or what it is.
    Can't you post the image here in this thread instead?
    Bert, I believe you. I just checked again and the file should be accessible to anyone who has the link. The link is still http://1drv.ms/1pvlksm

If you haven't closed your browser since this nonsense began, please close it (all the way, don't just close a tab), restart it and try again. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I tried the link. I had to agree to some Micro$oft agreement and then I could see the photograph.
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I saw the pic in the link on my ipad with no problems or agreements.
    My blog / photo website: http://frankfoto.jimdo.com/

Shooter
    Pinhole
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Fromm View Post
    Bert, I believe you. I just checked again and the file should be accessible to anyone who has the link. The link is still http://1drv.ms/1pvlksm

If you haven't closed your browser since this nonsense began, please close it (all the way, don't just close a tab), restart it and try again. Sorry for the inconvenience.
    I closed and reopened my browser and it worked (thanks for the help).
    And a beautiful image it is. You mentioned a 38/4.5 Biogon lens. This is the same (fixed) lens as on the Hasselblad SWC, isn't it?
    Is the vignetting from the lens barrel or a hood, or is the image circle to small for this size negative?
    Thanks,
    Bert
    Last edited by TheToadMen; 06-25-2014 at 02:22 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    "Have fun and catch that light beam!"
    Bert from Holland
    my blog: http://thetoadmen.blogspot.nl
    my Linkedin pinhole group: http://tinyurl.com/pinholegroup

* I'm an analogue enthusiast, trying not to fall into the digital abyss.
    * My favorite cameras: Hasselblad SWC, Leica SL, Leica M7, Russian FKD 18x24, Bronica SQ-B and RF645, Rolleiflex T2, Nikon F4s, Agfa Clack and my pinhole cameras

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Panorama camera versus say a standard cropped out 35mm / 120 format camera.

Quote Originally Posted by NB23 View Post
    For some reason, you really sound like a guy that doesn't own a Mamiya 7 and that has never tried a Xpan system.
    My do own the Mamiya 7ii but I have not used the xpan camera, but I'm still correct that the lenses are technically better on the Mamiya, I doubt very much that any eye could distinguish between them however, they are both excellent modern lens systems.

I've shot the Mamiya many times for panoramics, and a few times even without the film gate insert that blocks the sprockets.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1403695952.141662.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	100.0 KB 
ID:	90161
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1403695958.141156.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	168.5 KB 
ID:	90162

I also own a 6x12 back for my 4x5
    Last edited by StoneNYC; 06-25-2014 at 08:12 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: added info
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Bert, the lens is a 38/4.5 Biogon that I extracted from an AGI F.135 aerial camera. The late Steve Grimes put it in a Copal #0 for me. This is the same lens as sold with all vintages of Super Wide 'blads except the most recent.

The vignetting is due to the lens. It is made to cover 80 mm, in fact covers 84 mm sharply and illuminates 86 mm. It absolutely positively won't cover 2.25" x 3.25" (6x9 in metric) but will nearly cover 24 x 82. When cropped to 24 x 82 the last couple of mm in the corners aren't there at all.

Shooter
    Pinhole
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Fromm View Post
    Bert, the lens is a 38/4.5 Biogon that I extracted from an AGI F.135 aerial camera. The late Steve Grimes put it in a Copal #0 for me. This is the same lens as sold with all vintages of Super Wide 'blads except the most recent.

The vignetting is due to the lens. It is made to cover 80 mm, in fact covers 84 mm sharply and illuminates 86 mm. It absolutely positively won't cover 2.25" x 3.25" (6x9 in metric) but will nearly cover 24 x 82. When cropped to 24 x 82 the last couple of mm in the corners aren't there at all.
    Then it is the same lens. My Hasselblad SWC is from 1965. Very nice lens (and camera).
    "Have fun and catch that light beam!"
    Bert from Holland
    my blog: http://thetoadmen.blogspot.nl
    my Linkedin pinhole group: http://tinyurl.com/pinholegroup

* I'm an analogue enthusiast, trying not to fall into the digital abyss.
    * My favorite cameras: Hasselblad SWC, Leica SL, Leica M7, Russian FKD 18x24, Bronica SQ-B and RF645, Rolleiflex T2, Nikon F4s, Agfa Clack and my pinhole cameras

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Right, Bert, the same lens. I remember how delighted you were when you saw your first shots with y'r SWC. Your happiness brought back memories. I tried out my 38 Biogon as soon as it came back from Steve and was so pleased with the results that I couldn't bring myself to use any other lens for nearly two months.

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan

Horizon horizontal angle corrected-120 degr.

Quote Originally Posted by David Brown View Post
    An Xpan with a 90mm lens, and a cropped 6x7 from say, an RB67 wiht a 90mm will look the same. of course. The Xpan also has a 45mm lens, much wider. However, I have a 50mm lens for the RB67, and so get very close by simply cropping and using a slice of the negative that's 1" x 2.25'.

On the other hand, I also use a swing-lens Horizon that takes a rotating panoramic picture covering (IIRC) 120 degrees. It is a totally different animal.
    dont even think about the horizon compact. its a total mess, non-focussable cam with reduced exposure times an apertures. Idiotic! Only lomo can have such a crazy idea. Not knowing how such a camera must work.
    adox and mk-panorama-system is thinkg about a 3-lens rotapancam nikon lenses with 120 film 24/28 and 35mm. i have my doubts. it will not be better that roundshot 28/200 and 28/220 outdoors. the latter has longer exposure times added. fixed focus and no shift. until now i have not yet seen really good-quality prints. maybe you. yes the roundshot can be used without tripod which is a big advantage. there are multiple digital 360-pancams(one-shot) in the make. also for video. one or more are high-quality.
    www.3dreal.tk
    www.stereopan.org
    under reconstruction
    3dstereomedia
    aeropanorama
    marspanoramas

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin