Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,685   Posts: 1,548,582   Online: 1150

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Warning: GAS inducing video

Love these dudes. Hong Kong is supposed to be high tech, cutting edge and yet, they still love film.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38plXCYCvKQ
    "Photography, like surfing, is an infinite process, a constantly evolving exploration of life."
    Aaron Chang

Shooter
    35mm

High Tech, Cutting Edge

Hummm. Agent Orange was High Tech, Cutting Edge. The AK-47 was low tech, old hat. But who won? I think you should think about reevaluating your apparent opinion that something is better because it is new. I just bought a 60-year-old Rolleiflex and I think it beats all the cameras shown and probably any digital box costing under $3,000. And, as we know, digital is ephermal whereas my Rollei b&w negs will probably last 200 years. That's pretty high tech, IMO.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by snapguy View Post
    my Rollei b&w negs will probably last 200 years. That's pretty high tech, IMO.
    Very true. You also don't need the latest RAW plugin to print your analog Rollei negs either.
    "Photography, like surfing, is an infinite process, a constantly evolving exploration of life."
    Aaron Chang

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I like the guys, but I don't like the cavalier way they sometimes toss cameras around.
    I always use neck strap as well, I don't think neck straps have been introduced to these two.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    That video has been out a couple of days and has 130,000 views. But nobody's interested in film.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If you are out of GAS, or almost so, that is the video to watch...

I actually was running low on GAS... Not no more! :wink:

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    After watching, don't go to ebay. It's like drinking too much at a bar and stopping off at a tattoo parlor before going home. It's very stupid.
    Aaron Chang

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainecoonmaniac View Post
    After watching, don't go to ebay. It's like drinking too much at a bar and stopping off at a tattoo parlor before going home. It's very stupid.
    Hah, exactly...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It was fun to watch. Hong Kong is sure is dense! Like mention before no neck strap.

Jeff

Shooter
    35mm
    The 6X7 Fuji folder looks nice. Out of my price range for sure but still appealing. I do have an old Kodak Tourist II 6X9 with a Anastar lens and the flash 800 shutter. It has been converted to 120 and I really need to get it out and shoot. Too many cameras too little time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin