Switch to English Language Passer en langue franÁaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,536   Posts: 1,544,142   Online: 885

Shooter
    Medium Format

Can Noblex filters be attached without wasting film?

I have a Noblex 135S camera. Is it possible to mount a filter without any light exposing the film while doing this? It seems that when the lens is positioned to put on the filter it is now allowing light to pass through on to the film since there is no shutter blocking this from happening. This means one frame is wasted when the filter is attached and another when it is removed - the Noblex instruction manual doesn't say anything about this. I'd appreciate hearing from Noblex owners who can confirm this or know of how to mount a filter without wasting film. Thank you.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    On the 6/150, you shut down the power, press the shutter release and turn the drum backwards. The shutter does not open.

Dante

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks for your response Dante. I believe that when you do as you suggested the drum should only turn back until it reaches a halt with the lens appearing on the right side of the camera. My camera does this when it is level or pointed downwards and the shutter does indeed stay closed as it should.

But for some reason when my camera is pointed upwards I can repeat this process and the shutter will be open allowing the drum to revolve backwards for the entire rotation while causing an accidental exposure on the film. This is obviously not what itís supposed to do and thatís where my initial confusion came from. Other than that my camera seems to be working perfectly.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  ó   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin