Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 75,277   Posts: 1,660,934   Online: 799

Shooter
    Multi Format

X-Pan negative carrier for beseler 23ciii

I have both a 105mm and a 75mm lens and a couple 6x9 negative carriers (one with glass and one without) and some extra, normal 35mm negative carriers. Does anyone have any suggestions for how to make a negative carrier for xpan negs (either masking or converting the normal 35mm carrier would be fine) or a good (somewhat cheap) negative carrier made for the xpan?
    Thanks

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    What I did for my XPan negs was to find a metal negative carrier, for regular 35mm negs. I measured out the dimensions of an XPan neg, and pencilled it in.
    Then I took it to my local high school, because their vocational shop had a laser cutter. They cut it precisely, and from then I just used metal sandpaper to file the edges buttery smooth.

It works a charm!
    "Never criticize someone until you've walked a mile in their shoes. That way, you're a mile away and you've got their shoes."

MY BLOG - www.reservedatalltimes.com
    YOU SHOULD LOOK AT THIS SITE - www.colincorneau.com
    INSTAGRAM: colincorneau

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I went for a less fancy solution, took a 35mm carrier that I filed like a madman but it worked

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin