Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,811   Posts: 1,581,554   Online: 951

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Like Nick, I have a Shen Hao 5x7 with a 6x17 rollback. Currently, my shortest lens is a 135 and the longest is a Nikkor-T 800 (mounted on an extension). It's more versatile than the 4x5 - 6x17 combination. I'm sure I could get a 90 or 110 mm lens on it.

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan

Shen Hao 617 roll film holders

Has anybody used the above mentioned intended for use with the new 6x17
    Shen Hao panoramic cameras? Impressions?
    Any comment would be appreciated.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    i second the request particularly their 6x17 cameras

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    We've had quite a few threads on the various Chinese-made 6x17cm backs (DaYi, Shen Hao, Focus, Gaoersi, recent Art Panorama [not to be confused with the earlier Japanese Art Pan] and others), mostly for 4x5" cameras, so I've merged them into a sticky thread. There's a little overlap in topic with 6x17 cameras made by some of the same companies, but the construction of the rollfilm backs is generally similar. The backs for 4x5" cameras are expansion backs, so there are limitations in the lenses that can be used with them, which isn't a problem for a 6x17 back made for a 6x17 camera, but the simple film advance, pressure plate, frame counting window, all look generally the same. Maybe it might make sense for a new thread on the Shen Hao Art Panorama 6x17 cameras in general.

The Canham motorized 6x17 back for 5x7" cameras is a different concept and there are other threads for that.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by karin bingel View Post
    Has anybody used the above mentioned intended for use with the new 6x17
    Shen Hao panoramic cameras? Impressions?
    Any comment would be appreciated.
    I have bought a Da Yi 6x17 camera from china. I have had it now for about 3 months and ran about 8 rolls through it. love the simple parts to the camera. focusing is manual if you think your are 10 feet you put it on 10 feet. I shoot with a 90mm calumet lens which is a Rodenstock lens.
    I have carried it around town like a 35mm and shot with it No problem just make sure where your focus ring is set for. I soot tri-x @ 1600asa and develop it in Acufine. very very low grain and when I scan it and blow it way up it holds together. Removing and placing film is the same problem I had with my Pentax 67. it is very hard to put in and take out. I use a small pliers to grab the film and remove it from the back and I use it to alien the film in to the pins. So that is my story. yes I'm glade I bought it and like any new format it will take time to get use to. It was purchased to replace my 8x20 Deardorff that is too heavy anymore with my bad rotator cup.
    "Capturing an image is only one step of the long chain of events to create a beautiful Photograph” See my updated website: mandersenphotography.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    David, et al.:

Do I understand correctly that the Shen Hao 617 back will let me shoot vertical as well as horizontal images?

Severely tempted, but unsure about affordability at this point.

-KwM-

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    For those looking to do 617 on the cheap with 120/220 film, let me suggest considering my paper insert idea, which I put in the apug blog.
    "Only dead fish follow the stream"

[APUG Portfolio] [APUG Blog] [Website]

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I have a DaYi 6x12 back and it is of very good quality.
    www.EASmithV.com

"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera."— Dorothea Lange
    http://www.flickr.com/easmithv/
    RIP Kodachrome

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by keithwms View Post
    For those looking to do 617 on the cheap with 120/220 film, let me suggest considering my paper insert idea, which I put in the apug blog.
    I've done 16mm in a 4x5" back using masking tape to make a guide

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by EASmithV View Post
    I have a DaYi 6x12 back and it is of very good quality.
    Nice, I just picked one of these up, I have cool films like APX25, Techpan and HIE in 120 that could be fun with this.
    "I'm the freak that shoots film. God bless the freaks!" ~ Mainecoonmaniac ~

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin