Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,276   Posts: 1,534,794   Online: 847

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I am so happy to report that the 6x12 DaYi back was able to hold all of it's darkness in. Even with the darkslide out.

And to add to my thoughts, the Guohuo's advance knob was really stubby and made advancing the frame very hard to do as there was really no way to get a good grasp on it with your fingers. Especially if it was left on the camera. There was also a lot of friction that added to the annoyance.

The DaYi advances so smoothly.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Does anyone know if you can shoot 220 with a Shen-Hao NHS 617 Art Panorama film back?

Thanks!

LJH

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Quote Originally Posted by jetcode View Post
    Does anyone know if you can shoot 220 with a Shen-Hao NHS 617 Art Panorama film back?

Thanks!
    Probably not, as it uses the red window design. 220 does not have backing paper, so will a) fog and b) not allow you to know where on the roll you are.

Additionally, I don't know of any 220 still being made, so it's a relatively moot point unless you have a store of OOD film.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have 25 rolls of recently expired Fuji160S. The window on mine is yellow. Thanks. I like 4 shots to a roll.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by LJH View Post
    Probably not, as it uses the red window design. 220 does not have backing paper, so will a) fog and b) not allow you to know where on the roll you are.

Additionally, I don't know of any 220 still being made, so it's a relatively moot point unless you have a store of OOD film.
    I believe Kodak Portra 160 & 400 in 220 are still in production.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ambaker View Post
    I believe Kodak Portra 160 & 400 in 220 are still in production.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Yes you can buy it at B&H Photo, along with 620

Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    Yes you can buy it at B&H Photo, along with 620

The 220 Portra is a standard product manufactured and packaged that way by Kodak. It used to be a staple of the wedding photography business, and I expect most of the current use is by those who are still shooting weddings on film (aka the civilized ones )

The 620 that B & H shows is 120 that has been manufactured by Kodak, but re-spooled on to a 620 spool by someone else.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MattKing View Post
    The 220 Portra is a standard product manufactured and packaged that way by Kodak. It used to be a staple of the wedding photography business, and I expect most of the current use is by those who are still shooting weddings on film (aka the civilized ones )

The 620 that B & H shows is 120 that has been manufactured by Kodak, but re-spooled on to a 620 spool by someone else.
    My point was that it's still available... Lol

Shooter
    Multi Format
    What will be the difference between DaYi or Gaorsi or Fotoman 6x17 rather than the price?

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan

wrong domain

Quote Originally Posted by David A. Goldfarb View Post
    Kerry Thalmann did a review in _View Camera_ magazine, I think it was last issue. It looks like a good option, but there may be a new one coming out that also looks interesting. Check the forum at lfphoto.info, and there's a thread on this new Chinese 6x17 back with a link to the website.
    http://www.lf-photo.org.uk/forum/vie...php?f=3&t=2089
    www.3dreal.tk
    www.stereopan.org
    under reconstruction
    3dstereomedia
    aeropanorama
    marspanoramas

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin