Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,648   Posts: 1,481,282   Online: 702

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Watson
    I gotta ask - how do you evenly develop film that size? Is there such a thing as a reel to wind the film onto - sorta like an old nikor tank for 35mm?
    Bruce

a lot of guys develop in trays, not long trays but deep ones. That's how I was taught to do it. So you hold each end of the film in your hands and run it back and forth in the soup. The tray only needs to be about a foot square and 8 - 10 inches deep. Pays to have about 5 litres of developer in the tray.

Surprisingly development is very even this way, a check with a desitometer proves it.

The downside is you're restricted to a length of film you can hold outstretched arm to arm. Really helps being 6 foot + if you want to handle a decent length.

There are a lot of alternatives, spool to spool aerial processors work.

Clayton

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    very interesting... Im of the "mini" panoramic ilk, merely a 7x17. But I think it would be interesting to have a Panoramic Forum. One for all the panoramic formats, 4x10, 5x12, 7x17, 8x20, 617, xpan, cirkut, etc. could be potentially a really interesting thing. If sean is not interested in doing it as a subforum on here then Im more than willing to create a simple forum for it. I already have one setup on my server.

EDIT: I just noticed it got done... Im slow.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Hey Matt. Actually Sean set just such a forum up last evening. And yes, it isn't just for Cirkut folk but any format that is about 2.5:1 or more. Should be fun. There's already quite a bit of discussion going on. Maybe I'll get Sean to move this thread over.

Don't feel bad. You can always do a tryptich with your mini.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep..to gain that which he cannot lose. Jim Elliot, 1949

http://tonopahpictures.0catch.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Hawley
    This is just too cool. I'm not likely to ever own a Cirkut but I'm going to watch this forum anyway. What a fascinating camera and what fascinating photos come out of it.
    Alex, I'm with you: I don't have a Cirkut of my own; but I'm damn tempted to plunk down the $2500 for The #10 Cirkut for sale... Next Door!

By the way, the best I can do for panorama photography is a well-travelled Horizon 202; but one photo from it made it into RaceFax Magazine

Cheers!
    Dan

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin