Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,963   Posts: 1,523,208   Online: 834

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan

Handheld Cirkut?

Ok Cirkut guys, I know there's a few here now...........have any of you tried this?

I've shot a #10 handheld upside down out the window of a moving car........yep and I got an image........speed wasn't sync'd spot on though so it wasn't perfect but a lot of fun.

Also tried shooting moving objects without the turntable engaged.......I need to dig some of those old negs out and refresh my mind on this stuff.

Clayton

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    You're more daring (and inventive) than I. I guess that's easier with something smaller than a No 10. My idea of a challenge is a vertical pan. Seems to me I've seen old Cirkut photos of Bridal Veil Falls in Yosemite.

What speed did you shoot at? Why upside down?

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    Quote Originally Posted by c.d.ewen
    You're more daring (and inventive) than I. I guess that's easier with something smaller than a No 10. My idea of a challenge is a vertical pan. Seems to me I've seen old Cirkut photos of Bridal Veil Falls in Yosemite.

What speed did you shoot at? Why upside down?
    Shot it at max speed........and upside down to get the film direction running the right way. This was done with a #10 and yes one of the smaller cameras would be easier but easier isn't the point. I'd rather try the harder more challenging stuff.

There was a site that showed a 120 Hulcherama setup on a rig on the back of a pickup, same deal, made to scan without rotating. Same principle as a horse race finish camera but re engineered/reversed.

I haven't tried this stuff for a few years, might try it again with a Roundshot because you can load up a lot more film in them.

Andrew Davidhazy used to do wacky stuff like this all the time.........is he still around?

Clayton

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Nothing new about it. We used to do it all the time. Synchro-ballitic streak camera. Film is accelerated one direction the same speed (relative to mag ratio) as the bullet is going the other. You get a perfect image of the bullet (or whatever) in flight. Sounds like fun with a Circut though. You'd have some bragging rights if you ever got a good neg that way.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep..to gain that which he cannot lose. Jim Elliot, 1949

http://tonopahpictures.0catch.com

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Because he is on the other side of the Planet :-)

Ron in Alaska

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Check out the following site dealing with "Linear Strip Photography":

http://www.rit.edu/~andpph/text-cirkutrain.html

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    Quote Originally Posted by panoramic

Ron in Alaska
    Yeah RIGHT!

Clayton

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jimgalli
    You get a perfect image of the bullet (or whatever) in flight.
    An old friend of mine was the photo-finish girl at the local horse racing track. This must have been what she used there. It made some great images of all the horses crossing the finish line.

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    Quote Originally Posted by billschwab
    An old friend of mine was the photo-finish girl at the local horse racing track. This must have been what she used there. It made some great images of all the horses crossing the finish line.
    Bill.........any idea how the process worked, the whole process that is from loading film to producing a print. I seem to recall about a 5 minute wait for a photo finish result.

Clayton

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Quote Originally Posted by panoramic

Ron in Alaska
    And he drives on the wrong side of the road ;-)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin