Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,905   Posts: 1,521,300   Online: 1206

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    David, again we are in the same boat. My new space is almost there. All they have left is a bit of flooring and some paint. Brand new darkroom 2 rooms one for production the second is dark with independant stainless sinks for silver and alt. (460 sq ft) My first studio and home mixed with some really cool structural features. It has only taken about a year to get this far and we are only a couple weeks away. Course another delay and I think I'll lose my mind but what the heck there was'nt much there in the first place!
    Stop trying to get into my mind, There is nothing there!

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images

X-pan negative carrier for a customer

I just finished making a neg carrier for a customers Durst 1200 enlarger. He did not want the springs in it like the original and I have not got my anodizing tank set up yet so it is bare aluminum. That inside chamfer on the side opposite the neg stage was a bear.

Barry Young
    Young Camera Company
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 7-19-06 002 (600 x 450).jpg   7-19-06 003 (600 x 450).jpg  

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I just made one for myself for my Saunders 4550 enlarger. Yes it was a huge pain in the rear. :o

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by david b
    I guess I will be filing out an Omega 35mm neg carrier. No big deal.
    David:

I don't have an Xpan, I have a Russian Horizon. There is no carrier for it: 24x56 (or so). I bought a 35mm carrier for $15 on ebay and enlarged the opening for the Horizon's negs. Granted, I have a small home shop (drill press, etc.) and can use a few tools, but it isn't hard and took me, maybe, 30 minutes.

Drill out the bulk of the waste, cut the square corners with a hack saw (or hack saw blade in a jig saw) and file the edges to clean it up. Easy!

(the other David B.)
    David
    Taking pictures is easy. Making photographs is hard.

http://www.behance.net/silverdarkroom
    http://silverdarkroom.wordpress.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Well I did it all with hand tools, twice. It took me longer than 30 minutes but now it is done.

Also, I have decided to use a masked off 4x5 glass carrier for my new enlarger. Yeah, it's expensive but I'd rather do it this way.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Barry, it looks very nice!!

Richard Wassermna

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Thank you Richard.

Barry
    Barry Young
    Young Camera Company

Shooter
    Multi Format

Xpan Solution for Beseler 23C

As I'm planning on getting an Xpan camera soon, I needed an Xpan negative carrier for my Beseler 23C enlarger. But Beseler doesn't make one.
    No problem, I bought a standard 35mm negative carrier off of ebay (8053) for $10 and sent it to SK Grimes. For $65 they machined it out to 24mm x 65mm. They did a super job!

This is cheap considering that the Beseler 4x5 Xpan carrier is $170 from B&H!

http://www.skgrimes.com/

Any enlarger that can do 6x7 and that has a 35mm negative carrier can be modified in this way to handle Xpan negatives.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 23c xpan.jpg  
    Tony
    Newnan, GA

Cambo 23SF, Hasselblad, Mamiya M645, Rolleiflex 2.8C
    Rollei 4x4 Grey
    Leica M4-P M3 IIIf RD Contax IIa Nikon SP
    Olympus OM-1 OM-2

http://www.oresteen.com/ROLLEI4X4.htm

Shooter
    Medium Format
    In Europe Dunco is making panorama negative carriers for their (6x7cm) enlargers.
    Standard 24x65mm p/n 6958 or p/n 6959 (with AN glas). The last one also works perfect for Horizon 202 negatives 24X58mm.

Robert

Shooter
    35mm
    Kaiser do also have an panoramic negative carrier

Greetings

Michel

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin