Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,318   Posts: 1,536,767   Online: 1093

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Bye Bye Xpan....this sucks!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Sad to see this unique camera go - obviously a number of factors at work, ostensibly it's the lead-based solder in the circuit boards, the fact that it's made by Fuji, who have quit film camera manufacture, doesn't help, and the fact that it's sold by Hasselblad, who have had to restructure drastically to survive, doesn't help either!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I wonder what the chances are for an X-Pan to end up in a landfill. My guess is that the odds are about the same as for a wrinkled $1,000 bill.
    [COLOR=SlateGray]"You can't depend on your eyes if your imagination is out of focus." -Mark Twain[/COLOR]

Ralph Barker
    Rio Rancho, NM

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Since when have Fuji quit film making?? NEws to me? Think this was something in the newspapers which was wrong - again !

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Schlapp
    Since when have Fuji quit film making?? NEws to me? Think this was something in the newspapers which was wrong - again !
    As far as I am am aware, Fuji have declared an intention to continue making FILM. I thought they had discontinued all film CAMERAS, it turns out they are still selling some 35 mm point-and-shoot cameras.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Good evening david b,

Nice article from BJP. I wonder if the future tilt and shift will be based on the Fuji 680, or more like the old Arcbody:

http://fujifilm.jp/personal/filmcame...mat/index.html

The Fuji GX645AF is basically the H series Hasselblad. I do wonder if the TX2 will be discontinued, or remain only sold in Japan. There was also an announcement from Horseman about a new stereo camera that looks quite a bit like the Xpan body with a strange stereo lens.

Ciao!

Gordon

edz

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by rbarker
    I wonder what the chances are for an X-Pan to end up in a landfill. My guess is that the odds are about the same as for a wrinkled $1,000 bill.
    New legislation that came into effect last Friday would make that illegal. Its now an offense to toss ANY electrical or electronic applicance into the trash. They now must be specifically disposed of as electronic trash given their probably content of lead and other heavy metals. Despite the outlawing of lead soldiers materials such as arsenic, cadmium and mercury are plentiful in computers. Its now "expensive" to toss an old hair dryer into the trash just as an X-Pan, digital camera or cell phone ....
    Edward C. Zimmermann
    BSn R&D // http://www.nonmonotonic.net

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Another strange thing - photo magazines I have been receiving recently, including one yesterday, have included an 8-page issue of "Hasselblad News" featuring no less than 3 articles about, and a total of 4 pictures taken with, guess what - an XPan!

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Well if it does go then I'm glad I've got mine!! It is a one of a kind camera anbd I 'd be hard pressed to re-create the feel with anything different!
    Stop trying to get into my mind, There is nothing there!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    So what does this mean for digital cameras? Aren't there the same type of boards in them?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin