Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,901   Posts: 1,584,421   Online: 780

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 617 OPTIONS??

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by roteague
    That's OK. Horseman just announced their 6x17 camera which looks fantastic; probably has a steep price. Unfortunately, now that Schneider no longer imports Horsemand products, I'm not sure where to get it - in the US. I've seen it on the Robert White website, without a price, as yet.
    The price is now on the site and its about 6k.

Shooter
    Sub 35mm
    Canham 5x7 Camera with 6x17 back. That gives you 4x5, 5x7 and 6x17 with 1 camera plus full movements.

I got rid of my Linhof 6x17 camera for the canham. Best move I ever made. Also remember that not only is the 617 camera expensive but you also have to buy their lenses and with the linhof you are talking $4-$5K per lens.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mrcallow
    The price is now on the site and its about 6k.
    Oh.. that is stiff. Not unrealistic, but stiff. Perhaps, next year. I just ordered a 6x12 back for my Toyo, which should be here next week; that will have to do for now.

Right now, the quality of the Chinese products isn't up to a point that makes me comfortable.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    Images
    Please consider our Fotoman 617 camera. You can mount virtually any LF lens, it is very well made and reasonably priced. Regarding some previous comments... 1. while red-window manual film winding has the negatives of a non-removeable back and inability to use 220 film, it has the distinct advantages of accurate film spacing and in the case of the Fotoman, the ability of counter-rotating the film winding spindles to assure the ultimate in film flatness. 2. A GG option is a very valuable addition for accurate pre-visualization of the image (composition, focus and DOF)... no different than in LF. Even if it can only be used prior to film loading... if you bracket exposures, that use 3 of the 4 frames available. If you don't bracket, you can shoot the 3 remaining frames using the Viewfinder for composing. 3. Having a Shift function is also quite valuable... without it your horizon must be placed in the center of the frame to avoid keystoning. For example shooting from a canyon rim, deep valleys and obviously when shooting archetecture. (plug)... Fotoman is about to introduce a shift plate for all of our pano cameras (612, 617, 624) that allows +/- 30mm of shift.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by fotoman
    (plug)... Fotoman is about to introduce a shift plate for all of our pano cameras (612, 617, 624) that allows +/- 30mm of shift.
    Will this actually be a shift plate or a bellows focusing attachment? Either way I'm looking forward to buying one for my Fotoman 617.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by roteague
    That's OK. Horseman just announced their 6x17 camera which looks fantastic; probably has a steep price. Unfortunately, now that Schneider no longer imports Horsemand products, I'm not sure where to get it - in the US. I've seen it on the Robert White website, without a price, as yet.
    I think they basicly switched from Schneider to Rollei. So I would imagine whoever imports Rollei would be able to help.

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan

Build your own 6X17 range finder camera

At Stockholmviews.com
    You can find an article about building a 6x17 camera.
    You can also find interesting information from the link collection at the same address.

Regards/ Stefan

http://www.stockholmviews.com/diyphotogear/index.html

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Here is a page I wrote on the Fuji G617

http://members.aol.com/dcolucci/617.htm

Good luck
    Dan
    Antique and Classic Camera BLOG
    www.antiquecameras.net/blog.html

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Shen Hao is selling a new 617 back. It fits 5x7 cameras so I'm assuming it avoids the limitations of the 4x5 version. It's also cheaper. I can't tell from the pictures if it uses a ruby window or not.

http://www.badgergraphic.com/store/c..._detail&p=1922

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Yes, that shouldn't have the vignetting issues of the 4x5/617 backs. It looks like it has a window with a shutter. The number series for 617 appears below the window. It may not have a ruby covering. Some of the shuttered windows are open, with foam around them to prevent light leaks.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin