Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,702   Posts: 1,482,661   Online: 647

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    I use a 6x12 Noblex camera and I think it is one of the most beautiful cameras I have ever used. the angle of view matches my vision, I think this camera is definately worth looking at and trying.

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    Quote Originally Posted by Logan Group View Post
    David,

I have a 6x17 back for my 4x5 as well. I've been pretty happy with it. Have you or anyone ever seen a 6x24 back for a 4x5?
    You would need an 8x10" for a 6x24cm back.
    If you're not taking your camera...there's no reason to travel. --APUG member bgilwee

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Petzi View Post
    You would need an 8x10" for a 6x24cm back.
    Hi Petzi,

Not exactly. I seem to recall some years ago that someone had taken a number of Linhof Technikardan 45 cameras (not sure if it was just the 45 or 45S) and turned them into 6 X 24 cameras. I believe that I even saw one of them at Photo Plus some years ago at the Javitts Center in New York City. I can't remember which store had it. It may have been Lens and Repro. At the time I think that it was available for rental. But, once this modification was performed on the camera I do not believe that the camera could be returned to its original form.

Rich
    Richard A. Nelridge
    http://www.nelridge.com

RAP

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    It is very simple to trace out format proportions on any ground glass. I have 6X7 for my roll film back, and panorama on my 4x5. Very economical and versitile. On the panorama it gives you extra room to play with cropping.
    Time & tides wait for no one, especially photographers.

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    Quote Originally Posted by naturephoto1 View Post
    Not exactly. I seem to recall some years ago that someone had taken a number of Linhof Technikardan 45 cameras (not sure if it was just the 45 or 45S) and turned them into 6 X 24 cameras.
    To turn a 6x9 camera into a 6x24, you would need an attachment that is bigger than the camera...
    If you're not taking your camera...there's no reason to travel. --APUG member bgilwee

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Petzi View Post
    To turn a 6x9 camera into a 6x24, you would need an attachment that is bigger than the camera...
    Hi Petzi,

First of all the camera that was used for the basis of this modifaction was the Technikardan 45 or 45S. It was not the 6 X 9 version. The people that modified the camera used the original front standard and I believe bellows as well as the original collapsible rail. However they did replace the back of the camera with a 6 X 24 frame (which should have needed a 6 X 24 film holder); but I can not remember if the rear standard (but I believe they did) was used for the camera. The finished camera was quite large and something to behold. At the time I inquired about purchasing it, but never proceeded from there.

Rich
    Richard A. Nelridge

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    The cheapest pano camera is a pair of scissors.

Maybe next spring when Aggie has me traipsing all over southern Utah we can get together and set up the 10 Cirkut. You would be a good candidate for that thing I think.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep..to gain that which he cannot lose. Jim Elliot, 1949

http://tonopahpictures.0catch.com

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Carnie View Post
    I use a 6x12 Noblex camera and I think it is one of the most beautiful cameras I have ever used. the angle of view matches my vision, I think this camera is definately worth looking at and trying.
    Exactly the point and too often overlooked. The angle of view was specifically chosen because it matches the angle of view of the human eye. Like Bob, I ue this camera frequently and love the results. It is the only piece of equipment I own that paid for itself on one job. BTW before I got the Noblex I tried out a Fuji G617, a Technorama and rented a Seitz Roundshot. None of the came close to my way of working. The Noblex was a natural from day one.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ted Harris View Post
    Exactly the point and too often overlooked. The angle of view was specifically chosen because it matches the angle of view of the human eye. Like Bob, I ue this camera frequently and love the results. It is the only piece of equipment I own that paid for itself on one job. BTW before I got the Noblex I tried out a Fuji G617, a Technorama and rented a Seitz Roundshot. None of the came close to my way of working. The Noblex was a natural from day one.
    Hi Ted,

That is part of the reason that many of us use a 6 X 12 (Horseman or Linhof) back on our 4 X 5 cameras. Personally I have found the 6 X 17 proportion a bit long and narrow for my taste.

Rich
    Richard A. Nelridge

Shooter
    Large Format
    Rich, you miss the point. A fixed lens 6x12 haas a different angle of view than the 146 degrees provided by the swing lens on the Noblex 150 series. In fact the job that I was talking about was aninterior architectural assignment where my camera placement was limited insuch a way that the shot was absolutely impossible with my 4x5. The Noblex nailed it ... the Seitz Roundshot would hve nailed it too I just hated the camera. Couldn't get it with my widest lens, a 75mm f4.5 Grandagon, nor with a borrowed 55.

Don't get me wrong, I like the image you get from a 6x12 back too but it isn't the same view as you get from a swing lens camera.
    Last edited by Ted Harris; 12-02-2006 at 09:12 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin