Switch to English Language Passer en langue franÁaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,921   Posts: 1,584,922   Online: 1001

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi Ted,

For the moment I had forgotten that the Noblex was a swing type camera. I have never used one and for that matter had never considered getting one. I have tended to be put off a bit by what at least most of these cameras can do with straight lines.

Rich
    Richard A. Nelridge
    http://www.nelridge.com

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Jim,

Youíve got a #10 circuit? Cool! Iíve worked with those cameras a long time ago. If you need an assistant let me know.

John R

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Platinumprinter View Post
    Jim,

Youíve got a #10 circuit? Cool! Iíve worked with those cameras a long time ago. If you need an assistant let me know.

John R
    Hi John. I think I could have some fun with it in Utah. Maybe in spring. I'm a woos when it's cold. j
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep..to gain that which he cannot lose. Jim Elliot, 1949

http://tonopahpictures.0catch.com

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

my quick and easy...

I cut a darkslide in half and make two 3.75"x10" negs per 8x10 sheet of film.

Works great, no extra equipment for me to buy (or carry!)

Vaughn.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I know a bunch of people who made 6 Plus x 17 cameras by doing the same thing with 5x7 cameras. I like the deardorff split backs myself.
    Jamie

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

If I only had a Deardorf...

Sung to the tune "If I Only Had a Brain" from the Wizard of Oz

Having to make sure I get the correct darkslide (the whole one, or the half one) in the correct way at the correct time is a hassle -- the Deardorf split backs are probably a lot easier to use. I have lost a few images due to mental mistakes

Vaughn

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Hi Rich
    What I have found with this camera is that the horizons can be made very straight quite easily with this camera. In fact this is why I started using the Noblex as one of my clients uses it and showed me the camera.
    I am very interested in the ability of coming in close to an angle and being able to see down both sides of the alleyway, road,building .*One of my favorite photographs is Bresson's Boy with Bottle of wine.* I have always loved that angle of view. With the Noblex I would be able to see down both sides of the street.
    This wide view is almost like the Hooded Rolliflex Box concept of looking down at the image facing one way but the lens actually pointed the other way , if you get my thinking, the ability of capturing imagery without being noticed , or at least less noticed.
    The 6x12 format fits into my enlargers with ease and I really enjoy the printed format.

Quote Originally Posted by naturephoto1 View Post
    Hi Ted,

For the moment I had forgotten that the Noblex was a swing type camera. I have never used one and for that matter had never considered getting one. I have tended to be put off a bit by what at least most of these cameras can do with straight lines.

Rich

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by naturephoto1 View Post
    Hi Ted,

Rich
    Depends on how you use them.

For landscapes, as long as you compose with the horizon in the center, the horizon will be flat / straight. Few other lines in nature are straight, so they usually don't matter. Want to bow the horizon upward, such as a view from top of Pike's Peak? Put the horizon a little above center.

For architectural shots, the distortion / curves done to straight lines is unavoidable. Funny thing though is that any one portion of a long swing-lens camera, the perspective is correct. It's only when you string a whole series of views together in one long strip that the curving looks odd.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  ó   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin