Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,227   Posts: 1,532,690   Online: 768

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    if you have only a noblex and no backup- horizon s3-pro- and the electric noblex fails your done. when its windy you could have a problem. wind could stop/change rotating-speed of the drum of noblex. that happend to me in helicopter with a noblex pro 150(612-version).
    i would buy the newest noblex. its is said to be more reliable(see at their website). i have my doubts the electronic noblex will survive your adventure. ask the owners at panphoto.com. they have a forum.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I'd like to agree with both Doug and Europanorama. I've travelled tens of thousands of miles on motorcycles, with cameras -- probably well over 100,000 miles, in Europe, the USA and India -- and it's a bloody harsh environment for a camera. The foam-plus-tank-bag route is the only one I'd recommend: I've had the back fall off a Hasselblad and an internal lens element unscrew in a Vivitar Series 1 200/3. Nowadays I take only seriously tough, simple cameras on 'bikes. The swing on a swing-lens is just one more thing to go wrong.

Whatever you take, Zip-Loc bags around the camera(s) will help keep out dust from the road and fluff from anything else in the bag. You might want to take a look at www.mctie.com, aka www.motorcycletouringineurope.com (either link will work).

Cheers,

R.

Shooter
    Large Format
    I havenot used he latest electronic Noblex but I regularly use a last generation Noblex 150F. Yup it has batteries so carry spares. Beyond that it is built like a tank. One of the sturdier cameras I have used. I have been using this camera for 5 years and have not had any equipment failures with it (operator failures ... sure). I always carry a tripod and try not to handhold the camera but it can be done ... jus tremember that with a swing lens camera the real exposure time in terms of how long the lens is movingis much longer than the nominal speed you choose.

You do need to treat the camera with more care than a stanard camera but it is not delicate.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin