Switch to English Language Passer en langue franÁaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,690   Posts: 1,548,851   Online: 967

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Hi, Uranium.

Sorry, I didn't know there was a bug on the site, but I've checked myself and noticed that the portuguese option is working fine.
    My first panoramic camera was an old 6x17 Linhof, with fixed 90/8 Super-angulon, and it was replaced by the Art-panorama about 3 years ago. Only two of my lenses fits this camera, the SW Nikkor 120/8 and Super-angulon 75/5.6, but of course the last one will just cover (not without severe fall-off) the 6x17 format.
    I also bought a 18x24cm Meteor enlarger, so I could print 6x24 negatives, but so far it's lying on the floor waiting to be re-assembled and adapted to my preferences. And I have to confess there are great chances I can't remember anymore how to fit all those pieces together. It's a huge condenser enlarger, pretty old, with head, focus and table geared moved, but it came with a silly wood negative holder, wich could at best be used as a tray on the kitchen. Maybe I could adapt a durst holder, but first I should find one at a reasonable price and that ain't so easy, you know. Buying a scanner seems to be the best solution on the near future and that's what I'm heading to.

Cesar B.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Okay so you have a big enlarger? Not bad at all! And to get it together well, one thing gives another! So if when you think you are finished and one screw lie on the floor than you failed!!!

Now about the scanner! Dou you plan to scan the negative and printed in a printer for exhibition or to sell? Or just for the net? What Iím planning to do once I have plenty of negs to do some duplicate and do some Gum from them.

Now I begin to understand what do you told me about composing your image! Itís difficult! Need a lotís of attention and primary learning to think panorama. Not only that, the psychological process to learn to use it out of the landscape like in cities and everywhere! Try to make the camera to an all around thing! I think itís worth it as this is a really special thing.

I brought this from an English gent and he only use it for group photos and made a living out of it because the special size of this! He sends me a photo of the whole school it was about 500 people on that picture!!

One little other thing! Lens hood I failed with as I have tried everything now but no sir nothing works. Have you any ideas how and what can be use to this as my Schneider is a 120 degree lens! Filter I have find a set red yellow and green. The green is what I never going to use but yellow had been a standard now days.
    Last edited by uraniumnitrate; 01-14-2007 at 03:49 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Maybe composing with panoramic format just come to be some kind of tricky art due to the fact that wide formats already seems to be so dynamic by itself. It's so easy to get lost with so much room to our sides! And keeping some sort of equilibrium while captiving the reader's eyes to where we want them to look at, those are in my opinion the major tasks to be faced.

It's possible to scan those long negatives on Nikon 9000, stichting the peaces later on PS, but it isn't the funniest thing to do. Actually, I've just made one with almost 3m wide, supposed to be printed on Lambda, but I haven't seem the result and probably will never see as it was sent some thousand kilometers away from home. My future plans head to printing on high-end ink-jets, nice papers and inks, for exhibition and selling altogheter.

I once made a prototype lens hood for the 6x17 Linhof, wich lens suffered badly from flare, and consisted of four flat panels hinged by black cloth, closed on the end by velcro tape. To support them I used a Lee filter stand wich happened to be just the right size to fit around de 90/8 SA lens. The long panels where almost at square angle to lens axis, while the small lateral boards showed much steeper angles. The nice feature about this hood is that it could be disassembled to travel on back-pack. Once mounted it was so huge and fragile to go anywhere.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Soon Cesar I'm going to have a lot's of information of Tomiyama as a Japanese guy had been contacted me and he will talk to the former sales chef at Tomiyama as he stated that he know him very well. So we gonna get some history.

I think you right! We got so much space on our sides that we can get lost and it's difficult to focus attention to what we wanna say with our image!
    But I still think that is the mental state wich we got to work in ourself to actually work with this camera with out any problem.

My idea is really totaly different use of this camera as it's intend to use for. Not panorama but a extreme wide angle camera for all purpose which is going to made this different and poverfull once I learned how to express myself with it!

I mean if this is done than we going to create images as out of this world! The basics are there and I like that I have this big instamatic camera! The ideal that my lens has a dept of field just from a couple metre to infinity opens new doors! I have ordered 400 film and when it gets here I will try this on people and in the streets! lather in the autumn I will take some time of to London and would try this there!

Can you put up any pics on that lens shade you talking about? By the way, do you have any strap to the camera because I dont have it came with out it and I just can't figured out if the Mamiyas or the pentax or any other would feet! I'm shure that is coming from somaeother Japanese camera! Because I must have something to carry around while I'm in the streets!
    Last edited by uraniumnitrate; 07-13-2006 at 06:14 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Unfortunately, the lens shade went away with the camera, so I have no pictures. Maybe I should grant a patent on the idea and sell the rights to Linhof, since their salesperson in USA once told me in the LF forum that it could never be done. Nice fella, he is...
    But, anyway, it's not so difficult to imagine and build something to make this trick. What seems to be an issue is the fact that one probably should make a different piece for each lens. That's what keeps me thinking twice before I start, since I'm already looking for a third lens.
    About the strap, I confess never cared about it since I couldn't even imagine carrying this baby-monster around my neck. But right now, as you mentioned this, I found an old strap wich fits perfectly, although I'm not sure where it came from. Suppose it was from a 6x7 Mamiya I once had long ago.
    So, I got thank you for that!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Cesar! Listen to this! Just find out a couple hours ago! The old Angulon (not the super angulon) 6.8/165 mm cover 18x24 cm at f22 with an image circles 300mm! It's not that intresting but this lens works around 80 degree! Which is a longer lens and a 165 mm will not intefere with the cameras inside constraction! At least that's what I think but you know what they say nothing is sure in this world! It's a 40 degree down in my case!
    I think yours is a 105 on f22 so it's not much there but I mobilise every one I know to think!!! :-)

Our sollution could be some short process lens with a hudge coveredge as they work around 45-50 degree! It's just find a right one which can be fitted into shutter and are around 120 up to a 160 mm! Look around!!!

It seem that a lots of people reading this but nobody stepped in yet so it is a unsusul camera! I mean this site is worldwide isn't it?

Hi!
    I did reply before but it seems it vanished somewhere in the net.
    I'm not so sure a 165mm lens will be useful, since the 120mm lens for itself uses a fairy long extended board and using it would make the first lens barely focus at infinity. A longer board could be troubleful for inducing mechanical vignetting.
    Maybe we are looking for something quite unusual, I mean a tele-wide-angle-lens.
    Have you ever heard about it?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hello cesar!

No I haven't but I'm gonna find one!!!
    Just one question. You talking about focusing with a 120mm lens, why you bother with that? why don't you work with the dept of field? you need only a 120mm from the lens to the filmplane than you have sharpness in infinity! Don't you? I'm going to make a ruff drowing to show what I mean and post it lather!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    My 121mm Schneider SA works like this! First I focus on infinity and than I estimate something which is a 2/3 from infinity toward me than I focus there! I never use the smallest aperture of some reasons but f32 works fine!
    Now, my Schneider gives me a sharp image between 2.45 m to infinity. I marked the focusing knob there and just check time to time if itís still there! :-):-) Of course on f45 it would be even closer like 1.95 m but itís not healthy to use that.

In this case I have a fast f stop and just adjust the exposure time. The only time I had to focus is when I would do closer picture but with this camera size would be meaningless! Thatís why I call this one for a big instamatic camera!

What I'm doing now is manufacture a little thing to reposition the shutter cable relise, more to feet for street use! As it is now it's not very good! You got to hold the camera with both hand! If I come up with something usefull you gonna get the drowing to could do the same!
    Last edited by uraniumnitrate; 01-14-2007 at 03:49 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    i tested the 612-version with mamyia-press-mount. it is of a bad make. we could even not correct/repair film-flatness good enough. you will never get 100% perfectly sharp images.
    my repairman-the one who also repaired my widelux 1500(BTW FROM ADORAMA/PANON-camera 1 had to be exchanged by the latter...without success)- has made a shiftadapter for tomiyama 617.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  ó   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin