Switch to English Language Passer en langue franÁaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,745   Posts: 1,515,656   Online: 758

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Now I don't think I got you right here! The Tomiyama I have is entirelly the make of the Tomiyama and there is isn't any Mamiya or anything else for that matter are involved in this one! I don't have a problem with film flatness Not anything I detected anyway!

I got only two or three problems with this camera!

First the composing of the image is difficult as this camera really gives a lot more somethimes you need it's wide like hell!

Second I don't know how to or what kind of lenshade should I use not to get any vignetting on the final exposed negative!

Third is the position of the shutter cable reliese. It's not made to use this camera on free hand only on tripod! now I want to use this on the street with high speed film like 400 asa than in order to hold a camera stable and operate the shutter reliese at the same time is the problem but I'm working on it! I got a pretty god idea how and what should I must do to get it right! I have this ready but I don't know how to attach it to the camera body.

The above mentioned is a problem and a rather big one as I never operate any of my cameras with out lens shade. So those things waiting for a sollutoin!
    The negs I got are perfect! As a large format man I have allways trouble with film flatness this thing is goes hand by hand larger neg more problem. The real problem is the 20x25 negs intend to get a belly! :-)

Cesar if you read this can you give your idea of film flatness in your baby? is that any problem there? Mine is works fine as I never detected anything yet!

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    there is only one tomiyama 612-the one with mamiya-press-mount. the ones you and i are referring are the tomiyamas 617(612-option) and 624(possibly 612 and 617-option). i have no access to the prospectus but i think there is a 617/612-back-version too.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    What I have is the 6x24 cm and it's uses a large format lenses with a shutter! I never seen any of those others and I don't know and what they using nor how they work!

There was a Japanese guy wrote me and he told me He was a sales manager at Tomiyama or he know him and get me more info about the cameras but he never wrote again!

To tell you the thruth I don't really care of those others however more real info would be nice! I got this one and its works fine! Those problems I mentioned I will fix it in the near future! I use the camera and it's giving me sharp images that is fine and it is as it should be!

Of course if I got more info somehow I would publish those here! But nothing hapend yet!

By the way what do you mean by Mamiya press mount? No optics I know of Mamiya Universsal press manage to cover that circle! 6x12 it's almost twice as mamiyas largest back the 6x9!! Mamiya press optics cover some like 6x9 at it's largest! I don't beleive they usefull for larger format as 6x12! Maybe but not larger or with out vignetting
    Last edited by uraniumnitrate; 08-22-2006 at 05:41 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    since that 6x9 must cover also polaroid packfilm(the smaller one) i can confirm that the 127mm can cover completely 6x12. and its very sharp. 75mm looks a bit assymmetric. but i dont remember how much it covers. pls forget that camera. from image the image sharpness could change due to the fact that film is not tight enough. my repairman improved the pull but could not open that stupid spool-holding mechanism. body could be destroyed. under changing climate flatness would easy change. there are tomyiama-sites on the net. i dont know them anymore.
    i would have a look at the new chinese designs. i would prefer a module-system 4x5-camera with shift and changing back.

Well, I'd would also welcome a better design than Art 6x24 camera and if I could afford so, Gilde camera would do nicely on my hands. I don't care so much about film flatness with this camera, since my main concern come to be the lens standard, wich in my case often doesn't look rather parallel to the body. When doing verticals, it sure gets awfully tilted downwards. If you're doing some garden pictures, it's ok and may be useful as an auto-scheimpflug correction, although I'd rather live without this confort.

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    www.fotoman.com and www.kt163.com have interesting new module cameras. the latter with interesting backs. most interesting 617-back. both had been at photokina. fotoman will be there this year again. i have seen kt163-under a different name -on ebay.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Both sites you put up over here is worhtless! One of is some advert for a marriage thing wich I never practiced in my entire life! Don't beleive in it and don't like to bull...! Another one is in some What? I understand zero of it as my origin is not an Asian?

I agree with Cesar I'm to more worry about the quality of my lens! However I like this camera and I'm satisfied so far as I'm going to use it for a totally different thing that this made to use for! And it's gonna be fun! If it's not gonna work out as I thought than throw it down from one bridge somewhere on the concrete or to the asphalt!! Of course with out the lens!

And one more thing if this camera which is a Japanese don't work out for you than I don't think any [racial slur deleted--d.g.] would work either! Just looked their wooden cameras! It's like the thing never had been finished at all and lived the factory un finished! My 102 years old Seneca look and perform much better! If I wanna have panorama than I put on my self made 7x17 and defenetly not spending money on some Chinese hybryd thing! I have heard about those before! Not very positive things!
    Last edited by David A. Goldfarb; 11-18-2006 at 02:48 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    before argueing i would visit fotofairs and check the products:
    http://www.fotomancamera.com/

http://www.kt163.com
    dont send email, ask in faq-section.

both chinese

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    i have also read about some chinese/japanese? producers in photonet. but i would mention the models instead of palavering.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hello Europanorama!

Now I would like to ask you something. Why do you think that this Fotoman would work better as this is nothing else than a copy of the Tomiyama made in china! Why do you think it's have better qualities than the Art camera? Just give me some reasons because for me Chinese manufactured things are a new T-shirt with a hole in it or that hard label with your neck which is irritate you all the time and remind you to not to buy any Chinese T-shirt!

So far as I can see the film has the same type of winder as the Tommy and of course if you telling me that I have a problem with film flatness than what do you think you got there?

Now it seems that those cameras not that really well designed at all! For example for each lens you got to by a new lens holder it seems just sucking more money out of you instead buying more film! On the Tommy you have bellows which of course aloud you to use other lenses to and don't need an extra part to shop!

In the viewer on the Tommy you can see a leveling indicator which gives you a total control over your picture also don't need those viewing frames for each lens as on the Tommy is simply drilled in with a small holes on the viewers plate for three different lenses. No plastic here at all either just cast aluminium or steel! The only thing I can see is better on that fotoman is the (I don't even like the name it's to Chinese for me ) Is the ground glass as it's magnetic! But I steel don't understand where you put it after use! Must have a bag or what? In Tommy you have it inserted in the camera back!

And still you got no lens shade; there is the problem with a position of the shutter cable with free hand situation!

The other thing you pressing are that back for the 4x5 is just a piece of junk! I have a friend brought one on Ebay and I can tell you that is not a space age high-tech thing at all! Also it's heavy and does that the wooden field camera got out of balance on the tripod, not stable at all and itís just to many parts!

Anyway I went out in this forum and registered just because I wanted to get some more info on my camera and exchange experience and here am I and talking about things Iím not even interested in it!

Do you wanna help? Than give me some ideas how to create a good shade for a lens which is a 100 something degree with out vignette my neg and how to attach that to the camera! For the time being this is the only reason Iím here and nothing else!
    Last edited by uraniumnitrate; 08-25-2006 at 03:02 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  ó   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin