Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,654   Posts: 1,481,339   Online: 1044

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan

6X17 Horseman RFH for 5X7 cameras?

Does any of you well informed people think that there is a chance that Horseman might offer a 5X7 version of their SW 617 roll film holder in the future? Would 5X7 users be interested? I have e-mailed them twice but they
    never answered.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Karin,

Though I really do not know, I would suspect that Horseman will not offer a 5X7 version of their 617 camera. They have never done the same with their 612 camera in 4X5. The 612 and 617 cameras are for very specialized usage. Also in the case of the 612 format, Horseman offers a 6X12 Back for 4X5. Canham Camera offers a 617 back for 5X7 cameras by the way.
    Richard A. Nelridge
    http://www.nelridge.com

Vegas/mysterious mohave co. az, Big Pine Key Fla.
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by karin bingel
    Does any of you well informed people think that there is a chance that Horseman might offer a 5X7 version of their SW 617 roll film holder in the future? Would 5X7 users be interested? I have e-mailed them twice but they
    never answered.
    Karin,

You can put a 4 x 5 back on your 5 x 7 camera that will accept the 6 x 12 and 6 x 17 backs....I sometimes use 6 x 17 on my 8 x 10 Toyo when I need to use long focal lengths or a lot of bellows i.e. 750 mm nikor etc.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin