Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,760   Posts: 1,516,041   Online: 903

Shooter
    35mm

What size to print?

I'm getting the jones to start printing some of my 6x17 negs, but I have no idea if there are standard sizes for panoramic prints, or frames. Are there? Or do I just print what I want and whomever gets the print is stuck with paying for a custom frame?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    AFAIK there are no standard sizes. I've just today collected several panos from the printer. 460 x 1500 mm, 300 x 900 mm, 400 x 1200 mm.... They will be mounted on Dibond or Alubond foam, the customer can have them framed somewhere at the supplier of his choice. Custom made frames are just a fraction more expensive than standard frames. BTW, what is a 'standard frame'?

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by toyotadesigner View Post
    AFAIK there are no standard sizes. I've just today collected several panos from the printer. 460 x 1500 mm, 300 x 900 mm, 400 x 1200 mm.... They will be mounted on Dibond or Alubond foam, the customer can have them framed somewhere at the supplier of his choice. Custom made frames are just a fraction more expensive than standard frames. BTW, what is a 'standard frame'?

In the US frames come in 5x7, 8x10, 11x14, 16x20 etc as standard sizes.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

modular frame pieces

You can get modular frame pieces. One step "above" standard sizes in that you are mixing and matching pre-cut lengths for the left/right and top/bottom.

I did this for a 4x10, bought 2 8" and 2 14" pieces and the necessary corner clamps, etc. Then cut a custom mat.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    I mount my 8x20s on a 16x28 board. I buy frames from

www.americanframe.com

They have some nice sections and their prices are very good.
    Paul Hamann

Shooter
    35mm
    BTW I had posted this thread before, and it had some responses, and was curious to see it reappear without the former answers. Turns out this thread was a victim of the "print" glitch. FYI since I posted this thread, and a subsequent one, I have found that the only ready made frames extant for panoramics seem to be 8x20, and 12x36, but not easy to find.

What ultimately transpired was an account at a wholesale frame supply. They chop the moulding to my specification, and I assemble them. It has turned out to be very cost effective.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin