Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,872   Posts: 1,520,097   Online: 785

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    shift and focus are different things. for your fixed focus camera you need closeup-filters. we even made a lens-shade-filter out of a uv-filter. just use a black tape with a slit in it. without this useful tool shooting against the sun or lights could lead to reflexions/ghost-lights even worse than in normal cameras.
    such closeup-filter are even available for 135-cameras-from noblex canada.
    for more details about pancams use the forum at www.panphoto.com

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    Quote Originally Posted by Ted Harris View Post
    I use a Noblex 150F for which the slow speed module is not available but the shutter speeds go down to 1/15 as opposed to the 1/30 that is true for some other models. I use multiple exposures frequently and have never had a problem. Before I bought the Noblex I tried a Horseman G617, a Seitz Roundshot and a Widelux. The Horseman and like cameras are nice bu tthey are not panoramic in the true sense of the word. The Seitz drove me nuts and the Widelux just wasn't up to the same standards as the Noblex. The Noblex, BTW paid for itself on one job.

I don't use the filters so I can't address that issue either but the F model does have the zone focus feature and I wouldn't give it up. Actually, it is continuous zone focus with three detents. Yes, the lens is among the sharpest made and if you can accurately zone focus it gets even sharper. BTW, I don't know where the lenses are manufacured now but they were originally Docter Optics.

Every once in a while I will use the camera handheld at a higher shutter speed ... generally a bad idea ... keep it on the tripod. I have run literally hudnreds of rolls of film through this camera in the 5 years I have had it and it is a marvelous performer. PM me for any specific info you might be interested in.
    seitz has multiple different pancams. which one drove you nuts? the toy 35/35 camera? for the larger ones you will need patience, otherwise: no good results. they are no P+Ss.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin