Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,571   Posts: 1,545,546   Online: 1134

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Impressive.

I can imagine how I might be able to custom order the film, and then I could process it using the see-saw method or maybe winding it around the outside of a drum, but exposing the contact prints and having a place to hang them would be the challenge.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I know Jamie Young previously mentioned having 10' long trays.

Luckily, I don't have a 10' long darkroom. Guess I'll have to stick to 8x20 (and 4x5 and 5x7 and 6.5x8.5 and 8x10 and all the medium formats).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Build a hand cranked cine processor?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    There's a "half-size" one up now. Only a #8. Practically a miniature format.

Vegas/mysterious mohave co. az, Big Pine Key Fla.
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    will it take a color picture
    [FONT="Arial Black"][/FONT]

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sure lot's of people do color. Kodak still sells 10" color - portra 160 nc.
    The 8" size is a great deal easier to handle. I started with an 8" camera, and find it a cinch compared to the 16". My #8 gets band free photos without too much effort. If you want to do color, get a #10, and buy film while kodak still makes it. Or figure out a way to cut down the 10" film.
    Jamie

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Dear Jamie,

Do you know how to buy 10" Portra 160 nc flim from Kodak? I had tried many many times but failed.

Regards,

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I would go to a kodak professional pruducts rep and inquire about it. I don't have the sku handy but someone in kodak will help you. Start with an area rep, and then try kodak directly. I always got help when I called. Last time I called the area rep who said he would be happy to look into setting up a new product sku for b&W cirkut film if a minimum order is met- around $10,000 to 12,000 $.This might be a viable thing if enough people got together. I have a fair amount of 8" verichrome film at the moment, and didn't pursue it. With the ever changing availability anything is possible, but I think it's (10" 160 nc) still available. Anyone else have the sku handy?
    Last edited by jamie young; 04-18-2007 at 06:46 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: spelling

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I also have some vps 3 and maybe 160 nc 10" cirkut that's outdated, that I don't plan on using. I'm only doing b&w with my cirkuts now. I use my roundshots for color work. people can pm me on details on it if they are interested.
    My email is on my web site as well.
    Jamie

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin