Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,011   Posts: 1,524,661   Online: 868

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Where to buy Cirkut Film

Hi all,

Now that j&c is gone, where do you all get your cirkut film. I was planning on getting a roll of the efke 10" to cut down to 8x10, but didn't count on their going out of business. Thanks,

GB

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Try fotoimpex.de. E-mail them if it's not in their catalogue.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    4x5 Format

really?

why would you buy rare cirkut film away from cirkut users to cut to a readily available size?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The real question is how much are you really saving by doing it. It's a lot of extra work and adds risk of more dust and scratching. I recommend ready cut film when possible unless you see huge cost saving and need it. proper thickness cirkut film is on a 120 thickness stock and not the best choice for 8x10 from a thickness point of view. On the other hand If you do go ahead and find info on a cirkut film source let us all know.I'd be curious.
    Jamie

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Lower per sheet price is probably why you are cutting film down.

Why don't you just buy some 8x10 film from Freestyle, or other sources. There are films in several price ranges. Efke is probably cheaper than buying the Cirkut film and cutting it down.

If you really want to get cheap, buy aerial film off the bidding site and cut it. It is 8" wide.
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS]Films NOT Dead - Just getting fixed![/FONT]

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Actually aerial film is either 9.5" wide or 5" wide. I don't think I've ever seen 8" aerial. (I'd be happy to be proven wrong). One thing about buying 10" and cutting it down. They don't tend to cut film to special sizes if no one buys it, so the more people to buy, even if to cut it down, the more likely they might still make cuts in those special sizes, so go for it. (I still think it would be easier to get precut)

Jamie

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin