Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,646   Posts: 1,481,274   Online: 839

Shooter
    35mm RF

Panolux and Noblex cameras

I am reasonably new to panoramic photography, and just acquired a Panolux to go with my Noblex 6/150E. So far, I have two questions for the forum. First, are there particular conditions when either incident/reflective metering might be favored over the alternate technique? The manual is quite vague on which method to choose. Secondly, my camera does not have slow shutter speeds available. Will the Panolux give me a shutter speed that I can use to compute multiple exposures in order to reach a speed lower than the shutter can produce? How will the Panolux handle the multiple exposure situation?
    Any and all help, advice, and scorn will be appreciated.
    Thanks,
    LJS
    Please excuse this duplicate posting, also on RFF, I am just trying to increase my exposure, if you'll pardon the expression.
    Best to all,
    LJS

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Hi LJS - congrats on your Noblex 150. I've looked at that camera and have almost bought it a few times but I just don't do enough panoramics to justify the purchase!

I can answer your first question to an extent - basically if your subject is not far away you can use either incident or reflective. With reflective of course you have to remember that your camera is telling you the exposure is middle gray, whereas with incident, it measures the light falling on the subject. But for objects/scenes that are far away, it would be more difficult (if not impossible) to use incident meters imo. In that case you're better off using reflective metering.
    Macy
    Just trying to be the person my dogs think I am.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin