Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,963   Posts: 1,523,233   Online: 848

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Fuji TX-1 (Fuji XPan) Repair in the U.S.

Has anyone had to get a Fujifilm TX-1 repaired in the U.S. and where have you sent it? I'm not sure if I am to send it to Fuji USA or if I have to fork over $$$ to send it to Japan for repairs. Or does anyone know of an independent XPan repairman?

It has what appears to be a small oil deposit on the shutter curtain and sometimes when the curtain closes it will not close up all the way and the camera locks up.

Thoughts? Ideas?

I can't call Fuji USA until Thursday to see if they will repair it (of course, I am not planning on getting fixed under any warranty) as I am at work past their hours of operation and figure on a lengthy period of being on hold.
    Let's see what I've got in the magic trash can for Mateo!

blog
    website

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I can ask my local repairperson if she'd work on it. I know she services most modern 35mm SLR cameras, and owns an Xpan herself. I'll probably run into her after work tomorrow when I stop by the camera store on my way home.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks, Scott!
    Let's see what I've got in the magic trash can for Mateo!

blog
    website

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Jeremy,
    I have not used them but give them a call, I think they can take care of your problem. Plus I just ordered Vol II, thanks for the work on that.....

NIPPON PHOTOCLINIC, INC.
    920 Broadway, Suite 705, New York, NY 10010
    Tel. 212-982-3177 Fax. 212-982-1715
    Call: Casey Akagi

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin